Speaking of license plates...

Old June 26th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

Default Speaking of license plates...

I've seen a couple of interesting ones in the past couple of weeks:

1: A Cooper with a plate that said "MERGE".
2: An old-lady car (don't remember the make) with a plate that read
"VIEJITA" - which unless my spanish is completely off, roughly
translates to "Little Old Lady".

BTW, VIEJITA - despite being a little old lady was driving quite
competently, passing on the left and merging right after her pass.

Gosh, I hope I haven't violated these people's privacy by mentioning
their very public license plates in a public forum such as this.
Old June 26th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jun 26, 2:14 am, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
> I've seen a couple of interesting ones in the past couple of weeks:
>
> 1: A Cooper with a plate that said "MERGE".
> 2: An old-lady car (don't remember the make) with a plate that read
> "VIEJITA" - which unless my spanish is completely off, roughly
> translates to "Little Old Lady".
>
> BTW, VIEJITA - despite being a little old lady was driving quite
> competently, passing on the left and merging right after her pass.
>
> Gosh, I hope I haven't violated these people's privacy by mentioning
> their very public license plates in a public forum such as this.

Saw an XJ12 yesterday with "LAST JAG" on the plate... not sure whether
the guy was trying to say that it was the last "real" Jaguar, or that
it was the last of those f**king PITA cars he was ever going to buy

nate

Old June 26th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Studemania

On Jun 26, 8:11 am, N8N > wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2:14 am, "Fred G. Mackey" > wrote:
>
> > I've seen a couple of interesting ones in the past couple of weeks:

> > 1: A Cooper with a plate that said "MERGE".
> > 2: An old-lady car (don't remember the make) with a plate that read
> > "VIEJITA" - which unless my spanish is completely off, roughly
> > translates to "Little Old Lady".

> > BTW, VIEJITA - despite being a little old lady was driving quite
> > competently, passing on the left and merging right after her pass.

> > Gosh, I hope I haven't violated these people's privacy by mentioning
> > their very public license plates in a public forum such as this.

> Saw an XJ12 yesterday with "LAST JAG" on the plate... not sure whether
> the guy was trying to say that it was the last "real" Jaguar, or that
> it was the last of those f**king PITA cars he was ever going to buy
>
> nate

At a Jag club meet at Donnington Park I saw a XK100 with two plates
bearing that same mixture of characters, one present UK one (disc was
on W/S) and one California vanity plate that was only one year out on
date.

I forgot my camera that day.

Front License plates Ashton Crusher Driving 5 January 29th 07 12:07 AM
front license plates Tim923 Driving 22 June 9th 05 04:22 PM
Vintage License Plates in CA ? LL bean Driving 4 May 11th 05 06:13 PM
License plates for Yellow '05 GT JohnH Ford Mustang 29 January 21st 05 07:03 PM
Invisible License Plates aRKay Corvette 12 September 14th 04 03:32 AM