Radio reception....

Old June 5th 07, 09:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

Default Radio reception....

Anyone else experienced a degeneration in FM reception with factory heads
(147)? (I can't get stations that the other half's Festa can....)

I know some radios have built in FM areial amplifiers.... I'm wondering if
mine's knackered....

Old June 5th 07, 10:31 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Woody[_4_]

" cupra" > wrote in message
> Anyone else experienced a degeneration in FM reception with factory heads
> (147)? (I can't get stations that the other half's Festa can....)
>
> I know some radios have built in FM areial amplifiers.... I'm wondering if
> mine's knackered....

Alfa 147 2003 - No problem with any FM stations.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Old June 5th 07, 11:08 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

" cupra" > wrote in message
> Anyone else experienced a degeneration in FM reception with factory heads
> (147)? (I can't get stations that the other half's Festa can....)
>
> I know some radios have built in FM areial amplifiers.... I'm wondering if
> mine's knackered....

Now that you mention it, I never got very good reception with my factory
shipped CD player in the 156, but it broke and I replaced it with an MP3 CD
player and the radio reception is better - I always put it down to the
aerial being built into the rear window and not being very good. I don't
listen to much radio, so wasn't bothered, but I never realised until now
that the reception is much improved with a new head!

Why not pull out the head in your Alfa and check the aerial wire is plugged
in properly - maybe it is lose and needs tighening (lightly squeezing the
cable end with plyers) a little?

Old June 5th 07, 11:21 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

GT wrote:
> " cupra" > wrote in message
>> Anyone else experienced a degeneration in FM reception with factory
>> heads (147)? (I can't get stations that the other half's Festa
>> can....) I know some radios have built in FM areial amplifiers.... I'm
>> wondering if mine's knackered....

> Now that you mention it, I never got very good reception with my
> factory shipped CD player in the 156, but it broke and I replaced it
> with an MP3 CD player and the radio reception is better - I always
> put it down to the aerial being built into the rear window and not
> being very good. I don't listen to much radio, so wasn't bothered,
> but I never realised until now that the reception is much improved
> with a new head!
> Why not pull out the head in your Alfa and check the aerial wire is
> plugged in properly - maybe it is lose and needs tighening (lightly
> squeezing the cable end with plyers) a little?

Done already; checked at aerial and head with no problems - they only other
factor is a parrot car kit, but I can't seem to recall when the reception
started to deteriorate so I don't know if that's at fault (will have to do a
disconnect test!)

Old June 7th 07, 04:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Jun 5, 7:08 pm, "GT" > wrote:
> " cupra" > wrote in message

> > Anyone else experienced a degeneration in FM reception with factory heads
> > (147)? (I can't get stations that the other half's Festa can....)

> > I know some radios have built in FM areial amplifiers.... I'm wondering if
> > mine's knackered....

> Now that you mention it, I never got very good reception with my factory
> shipped CD player in the 156, but it broke and I replaced it with an MP3 CD
> player and the radio reception is better - I always put it down to the
> aerial being built into the rear window and not being very good. I don't
> listen to much radio, so wasn't bothered, but I never realised until now
> that the reception is much improved with a new head!

believe it or not, at least on the 156, the amp is at the back of the
car with the
window demister. I used to have bad AM reception all the time. Don't
know where
i read it, but i found that if i turn on the REAR DEMISTER, the AM
radio reception
improves - the static disappears. Some times if the demister is on,
then i switch
it off and on again. This fixes the problems.

Not sure if your problem is the same.... but it works for me!

the alfa 156 has some WEIRD electrical arrangements. I could go on,
but i
wont....

-F.

Old June 7th 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Gareth Hill

> believe it or not, at least on the 156, the amp is at the back of the
> car with the
> window demister. I used to have bad AM reception all the time. Don't
> know where
> i read it, but i found that if i turn on the REAR DEMISTER, the AM
> radio reception
> improves - the static disappears. Some times if the demister is on,
> then i switch
> it off and on again. This fixes the problems.

This is the exactly the same on my 156 - all fuzzy on MW without the
read demister on, but ok (listenable) with it on!

RADIO RECEPTION [email protected] BMW 6 March 21st 07 09:35 AM
Radio reception Barry Bingham Audi 4 October 8th 06 02:58 PM
Bad AM radio reception suddenly??? TomKan Chrysler 11 April 26th 05 08:50 PM
2005 A6, FM Radio reception HowdyDoody Audi 3 December 4th 04 01:22 PM
NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception SAPO Audi 4 July 20th 04 10:39 PM