Ping Catman

Old May 29th 07, 10:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default Ping Catman

Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.

http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc

They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.

ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.

But I could be wrong.

Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old May 29th 07, 11:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc
>
> They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.
>
> ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.
>
> But I could be wrong.

I have the same car as listed here, barring registration month and colour.
You get the new interior, but the older exterior - the best pairing if you
ask me.

I can vouch for the engine - torquey, reasonably efficient and 165bhp in the
JTS over 150bhp in the TS (I believe).

Old May 29th 07, 11:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc
>
> They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.
>
> ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.
>
> But I could be wrong.

Steve, have you dealt with them before? The seller has 0 feedback!

I just read the price and now I'm depressed! Owned mine since new
(pre-registered) and I really thought it was worth a couple of thousand more
than that! I've only just passed 50,000miles, but even so... damn!

Old May 29th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R D S

"GT" > wrote in message
> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc
>>
>> They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.
>>
>> ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.
>>
>> But I could be wrong.

> Steve, have you dealt with them before? The seller has 0 feedback!
>
> I just read the price and now I'm depressed! Owned mine since new
> (pre-registered) and I really thought it was worth a couple of thousand
> more than that! I've only just passed 50,000miles, but even so... damn!

Yours will be worth more with the lower mileage.
You can also claw a little more back if you charge an admin and a cash
handling fee.

Old May 30th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

GT > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc
> >
> > They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.
> >
> > ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.
> >
> > But I could be wrong.

> Steve, have you dealt with them before? The seller has 0 feedback!

They're a bit car supermarket - been around for years.

The kind of place where you tell a shiny suited salesman which car you
want to see and trawl to the far corner of their yard to find it.

> I just read the price and now I'm depressed! Owned mine since new
> (pre-registered) and I really thought it was worth a couple of thousand more
> than that! I've only just passed 50,000miles, but even so... damn!

156s are worth sod all at the moment. I reckon we've lost £1500 on ours
in 2 years...... more or less half its value.
Old May 30th 07, 06:31 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Not a diesel, but not very old and not too expensive.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wwsoc
>
> They're ****s to buy from, though, so go prepared.
>
> ISTR the JTS engines are less trouble-prone than the older TSparks, too.
>
> But I could be wrong.

Cheers. Interesting.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
Suzuki Bandit 600
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Ping: Catman SteveH Alfa Romeo 8 November 25th 06 08:32 AM
Paging Catman SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 September 16th 06 02:56 PM
Ping: Catman Pete[_1_] Alfa Romeo 1 September 12th 06 09:51 PM
Message from Catman SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 June 16th 06 06:58 PM
Dr. Boggis, Catman, Paulo ... [email protected] Alfa Romeo 13 September 10th 05 01:08 PM