Can you id this part?

Old November 23rd 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default Can you id this part?

Pat wrote:
> Lanny Chambers wrote:
>
>> Add a few Precious Moments pieces and you'll be utterly (udderly?)
>> invincible.
>>
>> Did you just get divorced and your ex took all the good stuff, or what?

> This is my personal stuff that I am reluctantly letting go. Are you
> suggesting that a man should not treasure such items? How sexist.
>
> Also, have you been looking through my stuff? I am actually working on a
> few Precious Moments listings right now. (seriously)
> I also have 300 more cookie cutters that go up this weekend if you are
> interested.

I've got a couple of those tiny cookie cutters around here somewhere. A
pony, a cat and something else that I can't recall right now. I used that
cat one in making a "headstone" (stepping stone) for my kitty, Mick, when he
went over the Rainbow Bridge.

> There will be a 1996 miata steering column, two working headlight buckets
> with motors and white lids, and the power steering rack system up soon to
> keep this slightly on-topic.
> Hopefully the OEM cruise control as well of I can get all of that wiring
> and the control box out of there. :-)
>
> What is amazing is that the costume jewelery that I have been and will be
> selling has a total retail value of well over $8,000.00, maybe over
> $10,000.
> It is expensive stuff, (Lunch at the Ritz), with Swarovski & similar
> crystals but almost no gold and no real diamonds or other precious
> gemstones, but a set of earrings can easily retail for $250.00, and a
> necklace can be over $1000.00 alone.

Swarovski crystals are outrageously expensive - gorgeous but too expensive.

> What people will spend their money on blows me away.

What was it P. T. Barnum said? <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 23rd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Iva wrote:

> I've got a couple of those tiny cookie cutters around here somewhere. A
> pony, a cat and something else that I can't recall right now. I used that
> cat one in making a "headstone" (stepping stone) for my kitty, Mick, when he
> went over the Rainbow Bridge.

> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

That's sweet. My first group did not sell and I found some more so I now
have two small kitty cookie cutters.

The 300 that I have are the larger open-end style for the most part.
That plus 12 of those aluminum cake pans.

If you ever find any cookie cutters that look really old and have holes
in them for your fingers instead of handles, grab 'em.
Those can be worth $200.00 or more EACH. Wood handles can be a good sign
too.

Tis the season for baking! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat
Old November 23rd 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default For Iva and Mick (NMC)

I am guessing that there will not be a lot of conversation at all today,
much less on-topic conversation. I liked your reference to the rainbow
bridge and was wondering if you had ever read this.

Pat

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met,
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

© 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.
Old November 23rd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

hell Pat, can you even remember what the topic was ;-)
get a grip on yourself, your falling apart!
Chris
99BBB

Old November 24th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> hell Pat, can you even remember what the topic was ;-)
> get a grip on yourself, your falling apart!
> Chris
> 99BBB

True, I have no idea what it was.
Is this what it feels like when the memory starts to go, or can you
remember back that far, oh ye ancient one.? ;-)

I have been thinking about giving this a try. I have never snow-skied or
para-glided, but it looks cool and is probably very safe.
What'cha think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1kGmOhzWQ&NR

Pat

Old November 24th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
>I am guessing that there will not be a lot of conversation at all today,
>much less on-topic conversation. I liked your reference to the rainbow
>bridge and was wondering if you had ever read this.
>
> The Rainbow Bridge
>
> inspired by a Norse legend
>
> By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
> Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
> Where the friends of man and woman do run,
> When their time on earth is over and done.
>
> For here, between this world and the next,
> Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
> On this golden land, they wait and they play,
> Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
>
> No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
> For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
> Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
> Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
>
> They romp through the grass, without even a care,
> Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
> All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
> Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
>
> For just at that instant, their eyes have met,
> Together again, both person and pet.
> So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
> The time of their parting is over at last.
>
> The sadness they felt while they were apart,
> Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
> They embrace with a love that will last forever,
> And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.
>
> © 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.

Oh yes, and it brings tears to my eyes every time. There was a version
going around a month or so ago referencing Steve Irvin - I'll try to dig it
up for you.

When we had Mick cremated, they gave us a similar poem - it's been over a
year and a half and I *still* can't read that poem all the way through
without tears.

I figure there's going to be a real crowd of my former pets waiting for me.
;-)

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 24th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Iva wrote:
<snippage>

> Oh yes, and it brings tears to my eyes every time. There was a version
> going around a month or so ago referencing Steve Irvin - I'll try to dig
> it up for you.

Okay, I actually was smart enough to save this one....

An interesting day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge is a place of both peace and anticipation as departed pets
await their beloved owners. There are plenty of things to keep them
contented while they wait: trees you can't get stuck in, endless meadows,
splashing streams, thickets perfect to hide in for pounce- attack games.

But one day the residents noticed some rather... unusual newcomers arrive.

The koalas and the kangaroos slipped in rather quietly, but then came the
bearded dragons, the skinks and the goannas. The influx of snakes startled
an entire family of cats up a tree. Pythons, cobras, tiger snakes, brown
snakes and even fierce snakes. There were so many at one point, it seemed
the ground itself was alive with writhing. A burly wombat shouldered his
way through the crowd and plopped down in a shady spot, barely missing a
Jack Russell terrier who yapped indignantly as he abandoned his position.

And then the crocodiles showed up.

Finally, a Great Dane managed to get up enough nerve to approach one of
the reptillian giants.

"Um....excuse me," he said hesitantly. "But why are you all here?"

The croc dropped her jaw and laughed. "Same as you, mate," she said.
"Waitin' for someone who loved us."

The dogs, cats, gerbils and other "typical pets" looked at each other in
confusion, then at the plethora of weird, ugly and downright deadly
creatures assembled. Who on Earth could possibly love some of those faces?

"I see him!" shouted a green mamba from his vantage point in one of the
trees. A cacophony of squeaks, hisses, bellows and roars erupted as the mob
surged forward toward a lone human walking across the field toward the
bridge. The other animals managed to catch a glimpse of him before he was
overwhelmed by the crowd.

"CRIKEY!" he shouted joyously, right before he was bowled over by the
wombat.

"Well, I'll be," said a Persian as she tidied up her fur. "It's that Aussie
my human liked to watch on TV. Had to be the craziest human on the whole
planet."

"Oh, please," remarked a echidna as he hurried by. "Is it really that that
crazy to passionately love something God made?"

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 24th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:
> Iva wrote:
> <snippage>
>
>>Oh yes, and it brings tears to my eyes every time. There was a version
>>going around a month or so ago referencing Steve Irvin - I'll try to dig
>>it up for you.

> Okay, I actually was smart enough to save this one....
>
> An interesting day at the Rainbow Bridge.
>
> Rainbow Bridge is a place of both peace and anticipation as departed pets
> await their beloved owners. There are plenty of things to keep them
> contented while they wait: trees you can't get stuck in, endless meadows,
> splashing streams, thickets perfect to hide in for pounce- attack games.
>
> But one day the residents noticed some rather... unusual newcomers arrive.
>
> The koalas and the kangaroos slipped in rather quietly, but then came the
> bearded dragons, the skinks and the goannas. The influx of snakes startled
> an entire family of cats up a tree. Pythons, cobras, tiger snakes, brown
> snakes and even fierce snakes. There were so many at one point, it seemed
> the ground itself was alive with writhing. A burly wombat shouldered his
> way through the crowd and plopped down in a shady spot, barely missing a
> Jack Russell terrier who yapped indignantly as he abandoned his position.
>
> And then the crocodiles showed up.
>
> Finally, a Great Dane managed to get up enough nerve to approach one of
> the reptillian giants.
>
> "Um....excuse me," he said hesitantly. "But why are you all here?"
>
> The croc dropped her jaw and laughed. "Same as you, mate," she said.
> "Waitin' for someone who loved us."
>
> The dogs, cats, gerbils and other "typical pets" looked at each other in
> confusion, then at the plethora of weird, ugly and downright deadly
> creatures assembled. Who on Earth could possibly love some of those faces?
>
> "I see him!" shouted a green mamba from his vantage point in one of the
> trees. A cacophony of squeaks, hisses, bellows and roars erupted as the mob
> surged forward toward a lone human walking across the field toward the
> bridge. The other animals managed to catch a glimpse of him before he was
> overwhelmed by the crowd.
>
> "CRIKEY!" he shouted joyously, right before he was bowled over by the
> wombat.
>
> "Well, I'll be," said a Persian as she tidied up her fur. "It's that Aussie
> my human liked to watch on TV. Had to be the craziest human on the whole
> planet."
>
> "Oh, please," remarked a echidna as he hurried by. "Is it really that that
> crazy to passionately love something God made?"
>

> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

That's cool. I liked Steve. In my opinion, he "lived" many times longer
in his 44 years than some people do that "exist" for twice as long.

What about people like me that own tortoises, or people with the big
parrots?
Do we have to wait for them? Unless something tragic happens, my pet
could very well still be around in the year 2110 or even beyond that.

I don't think that I will be. :-)

Pat
Old November 25th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Johnny Phenothiazine

Iva wrote:

> Rainbow Bridge is a place of both peace and anticipation
> as departed pets await their beloved owners. There are
> plenty of things to keep them contented while they wait:
> trees you can't get stuck in, endless meadows,splashing
> streams, thickets perfect to hide in for pounce-attack
> games.
>
> But one day the residents noticed some rather... unusual
> newcomers arrive.

Brings to mind Clifford Simak's 1944 story _Desertion._ It takes place
in orbit around, and upon, the planet Jupiter. Human volunteers have
themselves technologically transformed into a native Jupiterian
life-form called "lopers," and are sent down to the surface of Jupiter
to explore, but one and all disappear without a trace.

yrs jp
Old November 25th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Since no one cared to speculate, based upon the connector shape, I'm
guessing that it might be the ABS controller.