Possible ACVW on Pinks....

Old September 22nd 05, 06:28 AM
Gary Tateosian

Default Possible ACVW on Pinks....

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the TV show Pinks. It is a
reality show based on street racing. Participents race each other with
the final winner owning both cars (racin for pinks). Well, Lo-Cash
John had an idea for the VW community to donate parts to build a car,
and if we won to sell both cars for charity. He emailed the shows
producer and got a very favorable response. The response at the
cal-look forumn has been great so far and we have allready had some
heavy hitters in the VW drag racing scene offering up parts and
expertise. Here is a link to the thread. Its still in the early
planning stages, but I think this is a great idea the will really draw
attention to our hobby. And it will be damned nice if we manage to pull
a win, spank a V8 or ricer on national TV AND contribuite to a worthy
cause.

http://www.cal-look.com/forum/index....1#msg47021inks

Old October 14th 05, 04:09 AM
Gary Tateosian

Update on the Pinks Drag car. From Lo-cash John.

BIG NEWS!!!

I just got off the phone with Rick Tomlinson at CB Performance and he
has offered to supply all the major parts for the short block. These
items include:

aluminum case
stroker crank
flywheel
rods

Other major news is Mendeola Transaxle has offered to provide the parts
for one of thier drag race transmissions! Kevin from KCR Transmissions
will sort out the details and work on the gearset options since I'm not
a trans guy by any means.

Tiger from A-1 Muffler has agreed to supply parts for the header or
even build it to our specs if we need.

I have now set up a paypal account so that anyone who wants to
contribute to the build can do so.

is the PAYPAL account for the build. To
those who wish to contribute, BE SURE to email me with your FULL NAME,
PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, and DOLLAR AMOUNT. I want to make sure anyone
who contributes gets the recognition they deserve.

I'd like to point out out that while a number of major sponsors are
helping out with hard-parts and what not, plenty of small items like
plumbing parts, hardware, etc will need to be purchased. As most of you
know, the little things can really add up.

Last but not least, Ray Iddings from VolksBash Radio wants to cover the
project on his internet radio show tomorrow night. VolksBash Radio
provides news coverage of the VW drag racing scene in the northern
midwest and beyond. I'm scheduled for an on air phone interview around
8:15 Central Standard Time. Here's a link...

http://www.monksmedia1.com/volksbash.php

http://www.webracin.com/volksbash.php

I think that about covers it for the moment. I'd like to offer a big
"THANK YOU" to all the people and shops that are making this project
possible. Remember to support those who support us.

Lo Cash John

Also from an earlier post:

Also I spoke with the show's producer a couple of days ago and we now
have a DEADLINE!!

He wants to film the car in January in Phoenix, AZ. This means the car
needs to be on the track and dialed in sometime in December. Lots needs
to happen.

....ltest sponser on board is BMD pulleys to provide a custom serpentine
system for the car. Jason Lauffer will be building the engine. This car
should be pretty damn badass and a great opportunity for more
recognition to the ACVW community.