Unwanted Deadzones on MSFFW wheel

Old August 4th 05, 11:18 PM
Fillyourboots

Default Unwanted Deadzones on MSFFW wheel

Apologies for the new thread, but the other one didn't seem pertinent any
more with regard to buying advice.

Thanks to everyone who suggested (and offered files) for drivers. I managed
to get the 4.0 profiling app running, it isn't a clean install but enough to
get the configuration running in windows so at least my pedals work as was
intended!

A new problem, though. I have deadzones which I can't get rid of. If I turn
the wheel 90 degrees in either direction from centre I'm manipulating the
steering, but the remaining 45 degrees have no effect. I can't remember this
being a problem with the XP driver. Even the small car in the 'test' area of
the Game Controllers menu exhibits the same problem - moving through 135
degrees with only 90 lock.

Can anyone help?

++
Fillyourboots

Old August 4th 05, 11:37 PM
Fillyourboots

Fillyourboots wrote:
> Apologies for the new thread, but the other one didn't seem pertinent
> any more with regard to buying advice.
>
> Thanks to everyone who suggested (and offered files) for drivers. I
> managed to get the 4.0 profiling app running, it isn't a clean
> install but enough to get the configuration running in windows so at
> least my pedals work as was intended!
>
> A new problem, though. I have deadzones which I can't get rid of. If
> I turn the wheel 90 degrees in either direction from centre I'm
> manipulating the steering, but the remaining 45 degrees have no
> effect. I can't remember this being a problem with the XP driver.
> Even the small car in the 'test' area of the Game Controllers menu
> exhibits the same problem - moving through 135 degrees with only 90
> lock.
> Can anyone help?
>
> ++
> Fillyourboots

What a cock I am, sorry, I've solved my own problem > need to dial down
sensitivity.

DUh.

i'll get me coat...

++