98 Jetta GL vacuum line

Old November 27th 10, 09:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
IRv

Default 98 Jetta GL vacuum line

Hi, 98 Jetta GL vacuum line, seems really
cheap, thin hard plastic... anyway I've
taped over a couple leaks but now I see
it leaks where it connects to the brake
booster, where there is a rubber "L"
fitting at the end. The fitting itself
is a little loose. Can that be "yanked"
out and a new one "shoved" in?

tia,
Les
Old November 28th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SFC

"IRv" > schreef in bericht
> Hi, 98 Jetta GL vacuum line, seems really
> cheap, thin hard plastic... anyway I've
> taped over a couple leaks but now I see
> it leaks where it connects to the brake
> booster, where there is a rubber "L"
> fitting at the end. The fitting itself
> is a little loose. Can that be "yanked"
> out and a new one "shoved" in?
>
> tia,
> Les

It's normal that this fitting into the booster is a bit loose. The fitting
is just pressed in without any clamp. How do you it's leaking?

SFC

Old November 28th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
IRv

SFC wrote:
> > schreef in bericht
>> Hi, 98 Jetta GL vacuum line, seems really
>> cheap, thin hard plastic... anyway I've
>> taped over a couple leaks but now I see
>> it leaks where it connects to the brake
>> booster, where there is a rubber "L"
>> fitting at the end. The fitting itself
>> is a little loose. Can that be "yanked"
>> out and a new one "shoved" in?
>>
>> tia,
>> Les

> It's normal that this fitting into the booster is a bit loose. The fitting
> is just pressed in without any clamp. How do you it's leaking?
>
> SFC

Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine
you can hear the air leak, but it may not be the
fitting, as the hose end there is pretty ruff.
We're getting codes for "evac leak small" and
"system too lean" I know too lean could be bad...
thanks
Les
Old November 28th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
IRv

Old November 29th 10, 10:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
IRv

SFC wrote:
> Usally the rubber hose will leak not the hard plastic line. Rubber doesn't
> like the crank case vapours.
>
> SFC
>

>> Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine
>> you can hear the air leak, but it may not be the
>> fitting, as the hose end there is pretty ruff.
>> We're getting codes for "evac leak small" and
>> "system too lean" I know too lean could be bad...
>> thanks
>> Les

Hi, I don't have a rubber hose, just a plastic
line and a rubber fitting going into the brake
booster. I was wondering is this was easily
replaceable.

thanks
Les
Old November 29th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SFC

Usally the rubber hose will leak not the hard plastic line. Rubber doesn't
like the crank case vapours.

SFC

> Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine
> you can hear the air leak, but it may not be the
> fitting, as the hose end there is pretty ruff.
> We're getting codes for "evac leak small" and
> "system too lean" I know too lean could be bad...
> thanks
> Les

fuel press. reg. going bad? -Liquid at vacuum line......... dan Ford Explorer 1 March 27th 07 04:27 PM
Vacuum line - carb to dist. Bill[_3_] VW air cooled 7 March 26th 07 09:37 PM
1990 wrangler 4 wheel drive vacuum line? Jeremy[_2_] Jeep 30 September 18th 06 02:18 AM
vacuum line rdome43417 Ford Explorer 2 March 27th 06 01:00 AM
1984 Dodge Diplomat... need help with vacuum line colors for climate control [email protected] Dodge 0 July 14th 05 10:40 PM