oil leak in 1996 VW jetta

Old January 10th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default oil leak in 1996 VW jetta

Over the past two days my 1996 jetta has managed to loose all its oil.
Any suggestions on why its leaking all of this and the cost of how
much it may be to repair approximately?

Please help!
Hanifa
Old January 10th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

could be a lot of things such as oil pan got hit, oil drain plug, oil
pressure switches, gaskets, etc! As for cost... you need to find out what's
leaking first!

Old January 10th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

The oil cooler seal, if broken, is known for spewing out oil pretty quickly.
Should be visible!