99 Accord EX power door locks on ignition power?

Old May 31st 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ravashaak

Default 99 Accord EX power door locks on ignition power?

I bought a 1999 Honda Accord EX last year. The power door locks will
not work unless the key is in the on position. So long as the key is
in the on position, the power door locks work. Additionally, I can
lock/unlock all doors from the driver's side front door lock while
outside of the car, but this also only works when I have a 2nd key in
the ignition and in the on position.

Possibly related is the fact that I have been unable to get the keyless
entry FOB to work. The FOB lights up etc, but will not program. And
yes, I am using the proper procedure. I've even purchased a second FOB
(yes, the correct kind). However, it too will not program.

Is it possible that someone has migrated the power door lock power
source to an ignition power source? If so, where would this likely
have been done. Where should I check? Could something else explain
the symptoms above?

I also realize that the keyless entry/security system problems could be
unrelated to the power lock problems, but wanted to include it here just
in case they were related.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

--
ravashaak
ravashaak's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=516025

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old May 31st 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

ravashaak wrote:
> I bought a 1999 Honda Accord EX last year. The power door locks will
> not work unless the key is in the on position. So long as the key is
> in the on position, the power door locks work. Additionally, I can
> lock/unlock all doors from the driver's side front door lock while
> outside of the car, but this also only works when I have a 2nd key in
> the ignition and in the on position.
>
> Possibly related is the fact that I have been unable to get the keyless
> entry FOB to work. The FOB lights up etc, but will not program. And
> yes, I am using the proper procedure. I've even purchased a second FOB
> (yes, the correct kind). However, it too will not program.
>
> Is it possible that someone has migrated the power door lock power
> source to an ignition power source? If so, where would this likely
> have been done. Where should I check? Could something else explain
> the symptoms above?
>
> I also realize that the keyless entry/security system problems could be
> unrelated to the power lock problems, but wanted to include it here just
> in case they were related.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!

-----------------------------------

Was the ignition switch replaced during the GREAT IGNITION SWITCH
RECALL, and is there anything else about the car that doesn't work right
(related to the switch), like, do your doors all activate the interior
light correctly?

'Curly'
Old May 31st 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"motsco_" > wrote in message ...
> Was the ignition switch replaced during the GREAT IGNITION SWITCH
> RECALL, and is there anything else about the car that doesn't work right
> (related to the switch), like, do your doors all activate the interior
> light correctly?

Where can I check recalls for my 2004 accord coupe EX-L ?
Old May 31st 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

Old June 1st 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Pszemol wrote:
> "motsco_" > wrote in message
>> Was the ignition switch replaced during the GREAT IGNITION SWITCH
>> RECALL, and is there anything else about the car that doesn't work
>> right (related to the switch), like, do your doors all activate the
>> interior light correctly?

> Where can I check recalls for my 2004 accord coupe EX-L ?

Phone your dealer (or any Honda dealer) and have your VIN handy.

'Curly'

Taurus: power seat and power locks stopped working [email protected] Technology 1 October 20th 05 03:47 AM
2005 Accord DX(VP) Power locks? Guest Honda 14 July 26th 05 03:56 AM
1993 Power door locks bennett Saturn 3 April 27th 05 01:54 PM
Help - Power Door Locks Ben Saturn 3 January 20th 05 07:22 PM
90 Accord and broken power door locks Eric Hollins Honda 4 October 23rd 04 11:59 PM