Cannot restart after driving in hot weather

Old May 28th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ben

Default Cannot restart after driving in hot weather

I have a Honda Accord EXR with 190,000km mileage. After driving for a
while in the hot weather. If I stop the car and turn off the engine. I
cannot restart the car within ten minutes. After ten minutes, I can
restart the car and drive without any problem. It seems that it need
time to cool down before restart. What is wrong? Thanks.

Old May 28th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Ben wrote:
> I have a Honda Accord EXR with 190,000km mileage. After driving for a
> while in the hot weather. If I stop the car and turn off the engine. I
> cannot restart the car within ten minutes. After ten minutes, I can
> restart the car and drive without any problem. It seems that it need
> time to cool down before restart. What is wrong? Thanks.

main relay. go to tegger.com for details. replace or resolder.
Old May 28th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Ben wrote:
> I have a Honda Accord EXR with 190,000km mileage. After driving for a
> while in the hot weather. If I stop the car and turn off the engine. I
> cannot restart the car within ten minutes. After ten minutes, I can
> restart the car and drive without any problem. It seems that it need
> time to cool down before restart. What is wrong? Thanks.

---------------------------------

As an emergency fix, when it won't start, just leave the key in position
II and smack the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. You'll
hear the fuel pump run for three seconds and then you can start it. The
relay has developed bad solder joints because of vibration over the
years. Cooling down the interior of the car also fixes the problem.
Resolder it and it will probably outlast the car.

'Curly'
Old May 29th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
w34m

On May 28, 11:08 am, motsco_ > wrote:
> Ben wrote:
> > I have a Honda Accord EXR with 190,000km mileage. After driving for a
> > while in the hot weather. If I stop the car and turn off the engine. I
> > cannot restart the car within ten minutes. After ten minutes, I can
> > restart the car and drive without any problem. It seems that it need
> > time to cool down before restart. What is wrong? Thanks.

> ---------------------------------
>
> As an emergency fix, when it won't start, just leave the key in position
> II and smack the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. You'll
> hear the fuel pump run for three seconds and then you can start it. The
> relay has developed bad solder joints because of vibration over the
> years. Cooling down the interior of the car also fixes the problem.
> Resolder it and it will probably outlast the car.
>
> 'Curly'

Definantly need to resolder. Had to do mine (1990 Civic DX mini-me)
the other day after almost a year of being stuck in parking lots for
longer than I'd like to have been. Lucky for you it's a whole hell of
a lot easier to get to than in a EF Civic.

Tires for everyday driving in Chicago weather? Rick 96 LT1 Corvette 7 March 8th 07 04:28 PM
Winter Weather and Greater Vancouver's Clueless Driving Public Ken Moiarty Driving 1 November 29th 06 04:20 AM
JGC won't restart!!! GTI Jeep 3 October 9th 06 02:50 AM
Good website for driving/weather condition? [email protected] Driving 1 November 29th 05 04:22 AM
WEATHER FORCAST for highway 81 south or highway driving [email protected] Driving 8 November 19th 05 03:08 AM