DUI mexican who killed 5 kids released on bail

Old February 27th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default DUI mexican who killed 5 kids released on bail

Last we'll see of her and the "judge" knows it.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2...22307b.article

February 23, 2007 - BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter
The driver charged with causing the deadly crash that killed five Oswego
teens is expected to be released from jail later today after a judge
slashed her $5 million bail.

A wheelchair-bound Sandra Vasquez sought a lower bail as she made her
first court appearance in Kendall County to face reckless homicide and
aggravated drunken driving charges resulting from the Feb. 11 crash.

Judge Thomas Mueller allowed Vasquez’s parents to post the $150,000
equity in their Aurora home as bail to secure their 23-year-old
daughter’s release from jail.

Mueller cited Vasquez’s medical condition as a reason to lower her bond,
saying he wasn’t sure she could receive the health care she needed while
jailed, and also noting that if she remained in custody, county taxpayers
might end up footing her medical bills.

“I can’t help but wonder why the people, the taxpayers, of Kendall
County, should incur those expenses rather than Ms. Vasquez,” Mueller
said.

(snip)

Authorities have said Vasquez was drunk and driving faster than the 45
mph limit at about 2:20 a.m. when her car ran off Illinois 31 and hit the
pole. Four teens died immediately: 14-year-old Katherine Merkel, 15-year-
old Jessica Nutoni, 16-year-old Tiffany Urso and 17-year-old Matthew
Frank. A fifth teen, 14-year-old James McGee, died Monday of injuries he
received in the crash.

Three other teens were seriously injured — two remain in hospitals or
rehabilitation centers.
Old February 27th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Mitchell Holman[_2_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
25.201:

> Last we'll see of her and the "judge" knows it.
>
> http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2...22307b.article
>
> February 23, 2007 - BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter
> The driver charged with causing the deadly crash that killed five Oswego
> teens is expected to be released from jail later today after a judge
> slashed her $5 million bail.
>
> A wheelchair-bound Sandra Vasquez sought a lower bail as she made her
> first court appearance in Kendall County to face reckless homicide and
> aggravated drunken driving charges resulting from the Feb. 11 crash.
>
> Judge Thomas Mueller allowed Vasquez’s parents to post the $150,000
> equity in their Aurora home as bail to secure their 23-year-old
> daughter’s release from jail.
>
> Mueller cited Vasquez’s medical condition as a reason to lower her bond,
> saying he wasn’t sure she could receive the health care she needed while
> jailed, and also noting that if she remained in custody, county taxpayers
> might end up footing her medical bills.
>
> “I can’t help but wonder why the people, the taxpayers, of Kendall
> County, should incur those expenses rather than Ms. Vasquez,” Mueller
> said.
>
> (snip)
>
> Authorities have said Vasquez was drunk and driving faster than the 45
> mph limit at about 2:20 a.m. when her car ran off Illinois 31 and hit the
> pole. Four teens died immediately: 14-year-old Katherine Merkel, 15-year-
> old Jessica Nutoni, 16-year-old Tiffany Urso and 17-year-old Matthew
> Frank. A fifth teen, 14-year-old James McGee, died Monday of injuries he
> received in the crash.
>
> Three other teens were seriously injured — two remain in hospitals or
> rehabilitation centers.

Where in your article does is say anything
about anyone being a Mexican?

Old February 27th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

On Feb 27, 7:24 am, Mitchell Holman > wrote:
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote .125.201:
>

> > Last we'll see of her and the "judge" knows it.

> >http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2...22307b.article

> > February 23, 2007 - BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter
> > The driver charged with causing the deadly crash that killed five Oswego
> > teens is expected to be released from jail later today after a judge
> > slashed her $5 million bail.

> > A wheelchair-bound Sandra Vasquez sought a lower bail as she made her
> > first court appearance in Kendall County to face reckless homicide and
> > aggravated drunken driving charges resulting from the Feb. 11 crash.

> > Judge Thomas Mueller allowed Vasquez's parents to post the $150,000
> > equity in their Aurora home as bail to secure their 23-year-old
> > daughter's release from jail.

> > Mueller cited Vasquez's medical condition as a reason to lower her bond,
> > saying he wasn't sure she could receive the health care she needed while
> > jailed, and also noting that if she remained in custody, county taxpayers
> > might end up footing her medical bills.

> > "I can't help but wonder why the people, the taxpayers, of Kendall
> > County, should incur those expenses rather than Ms. Vasquez," Mueller
> > said.

> > (snip)

> > Authorities have said Vasquez was drunk and driving faster than the 45
> > mph limit at about 2:20 a.m. when her car ran off Illinois 31 and hit the
> > pole. Four teens died immediately: 14-year-old Katherine Merkel, 15-year-
> > old Jessica Nutoni, 16-year-old Tiffany Urso and 17-year-old Matthew
> > Frank. A fifth teen, 14-year-old James McGee, died Monday of injuries he
> > received in the crash.

> > Three other teens were seriously injured - two remain in hospitals or
> > rehabilitation centers.

> Where in your article does is say anything
> about anyone being a Mexican?- Hide quoted text -

It's an ASSumption based on the Mexican last name. Can't rule out the
possibility, but just as likely US citizen as illegal.

Old February 27th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GeekBoy[_4_]

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
> 25.201:
>

>> Last we'll see of her and the "judge" knows it.
>>
>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2...22307b.article
>>
>> February 23, 2007 - BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter
>> The driver charged with causing the deadly crash that killed five Oswego
>> teens is expected to be released from jail later today after a judge
>> slashed her $5 million bail.
>>
>> A wheelchair-bound Sandra Vasquez sought a lower bail as she made her
>> first court appearance in Kendall County to face reckless homicide and
>> aggravated drunken driving charges resulting from the Feb. 11 crash.
>>
>> Judge Thomas Mueller allowed Vasquez's parents to post the $150,000
>> equity in their Aurora home as bail to secure their 23-year-old
>> daughter's release from jail.
>>
>> Mueller cited Vasquez's medical condition as a reason to lower her bond,
>> saying he wasn't sure she could receive the health care she needed while
>> jailed, and also noting that if she remained in custody, county taxpayers
>> might end up footing her medical bills.
>>
>> "I can't help but wonder why the people, the taxpayers, of Kendall
>> County, should incur those expenses rather than Ms. Vasquez," Mueller
>> said.
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> Authorities have said Vasquez was drunk and driving faster than the 45
>> mph limit at about 2:20 a.m. when her car ran off Illinois 31 and hit the
>> pole. Four teens died immediately: 14-year-old Katherine Merkel, 15-year-
>> old Jessica Nutoni, 16-year-old Tiffany Urso and 17-year-old Matthew
>> Frank. A fifth teen, 14-year-old James McGee, died Monday of injuries he
>> received in the crash.
>>
>> Three other teens were seriously injured - two remain in hospitals or
>> rehabilitation centers.
>>

> Where in your article does is say anything
> about anyone being a Mexican?

I have seen more times than not, many news articles where the reporter will
write something like , "Jose, of [insert US city name] was arraigned today
on..."
Then a few days later you will see another article with an update, "Jose, a
Mexican national, ...."
And after more time you will see another updated story, "Jose, a illegal
'immigrant' from Mexico.."

Old February 28th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
wtrplnet

>> Where in your article does is say anything
>> about anyone being a Mexican?

> I have seen more times than not, many news articles where the reporter
> will write something like , "Jose, of [insert US city name] was arraigned
> today on..."
> Then a few days later you will see another article with an update, "Jose,
> a Mexican national, ...."
> And after more time you will see another updated story, "Jose, a illegal
> 'immigrant' from Mexico.."

My last name is Spanish and very common in S Calif. I'm also half Danish
and (hate to admit it) quarter French. I have blonde hair and light skin.
But of course if I got in trouble many would read my last name and assume
I'm another Mexican illegal. Hey, my family has been in California since
BEFORE it became a state. So when you 'assume' a person's country of origin
simply because of their name, it makes an ass out of you, not me.

Old February 28th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GeekBoy[_4_]

"wtrplnet" > wrote in message

>>> Where in your article does is say anything
>>> about anyone being a Mexican?

>> I have seen more times than not, many news articles where the reporter
>> will write something like , "Jose, of [insert US city name] was arraigned
>> today on..."
>> Then a few days later you will see another article with an update, "Jose,
>> a Mexican national, ...."
>> And after more time you will see another updated story, "Jose, a illegal
>> 'immigrant' from Mexico.."
>>

> My last name is Spanish and very common in S Calif. I'm also half Danish
> and (hate to admit it) quarter French. I have blonde hair and light skin.
> But of course if I got in trouble many would read my last name and assume
> I'm another Mexican illegal. Hey, my family has been in California since
> BEFORE it became a state. So when you 'assume' a person's country of
> origin simply because of their name, it makes an ass out of you, not me.

Oh, then when has CHICAGO been a part of Spain?

Seems the COOL ARROW is you.

Old February 28th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"MLOM" > wrote in
oups.com:

> On Feb 27, 7:24 am, Mitchell Holman > wrote:
>>
>> Where in your article does is say anything
>> about anyone being a Mexican?- Hide quoted text -
>>

> It's an ASSumption based on the Mexican last name. Can't rule out the
> possibility, but just as likely US citizen as illegal.

She's mexican for sure. Now she could be here legally or even be a natural
born american citizen, but she's still a beaner.

Old February 28th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.immigration.usa,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

On Feb 27, 9:44 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> "MLOM" > wrote groups.com:
>
> > On Feb 27, 7:24 am, Mitchell Holman > wrote:

> >> Where in your article does is say anything
> >> about anyone being a Mexican?- Hide quoted text -

> > It's an ASSumption based on the Mexican last name. Can't rule out the
> > possibility, but just as likely US citizen as illegal.

> She's mexican for sure. Now she could be here legally or even be a natural
> born american citizen, but she's still a beaner.

So what nationalities in the US are not targets of your insults? I'm
4th-generation native born American, of Dutch ancestry, but that does
not mean I run around in wooden shoes or participate in ice
skating...though I have found the Dutch cuisine in Pella, Iowa quite
tasty. If you were to see me without being armed with that
information (5'7 and dark hair) you'd probably ASSume I'm either a
beaner or a raghead (neither language of which I speak). Those
ASSumptions would be debunked once my voice is heard, as I found out
at a border patrol checkpoint near Boca Chica, Texas in December.

Eine Bier, bitte!