1999 A3 TS Mirror Vandalised

Old December 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dan_xtc

Default 1999 A3 TS Mirror Vandalised

Hey everyone

I wonder if someone might be able to offer their two-cents

Unofrtunatley; I left my A3 T-Sport outside work over the weekend and
despite folding away my mirrors carefully, some little s*rote has
wrenched the drivers side mirror forwards, past it's usual position
causing it to break and hang loose on the car.

Ironically, the electric bits of the mirror still work now it's
duck-taped in position but what I want to know is if it's likely I'm
going to have to shell out for an entire new mirror or can I replace
just the bit that attaches mirror to car (this appears to be the bit
thats broke on closer inspection- unless someone thinks it's likely
bits inside the mirror housing wil have suffered too).

Thanks for any replies.

Dan

Old December 14th 06, 11:48 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Greg[_2_]

On 12 Dec 2006 12:30:14 -0800, "dan_xtc" > wrote:

>Hey everyone
>
>I wonder if someone might be able to offer their two-cents
>
>Unofrtunatley; I left my A3 T-Sport outside work over the weekend and
>despite folding away my mirrors carefully, some little s*rote has
>wrenched the drivers side mirror forwards, past it's usual position
>causing it to break and hang loose on the car.
>
>Ironically, the electric bits of the mirror still work now it's
>duck-taped in position but what I want to know is if it's likely I'm
>going to have to shell out for an entire new mirror or can I replace
>just the bit that attaches mirror to car (this appears to be the bit
>thats broke on closer inspection- unless someone thinks it's likely
>bits inside the mirror housing wil have suffered too).
>
>Thanks for any replies.
>
>Dan

Hi Dan,

Head over to your local Audi spare parts agent. Audi has a wonderful
computer based system that breaks down every singl ebit of the car in
seperate stages on a computer screem. Every single part, how it ties
in, and the part number come up. The spare parts person will then be
able to tell you exactly what you need and whether you need to order
just one part, a couple, or a kit.

You can get a quote whilst you're there, thank them for their time,
and then use the part numbers to do a ring around.

I have an after market workshop manual for the A3, but it only talks
about taking it off and reinstalling it.

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck from a '97 A3 owner!

Cheers,
Greg.

Old December 17th 06, 11:17 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Greg,
Do you have a soft copy or scan of it? I have similiar problem and need
to take it off to see what connectors it has before I can order the new
one. Thanks a lot!

Old December 18th 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Greg[_2_]

Ivan,

Just confirm with me exactly what you need to know out of the workshop
manual, and I'll get it to you somehow.

I don't think my scaanner works anymore, but I can take a photo of the
pages clear enough to email to you.

I take it your ivan.wells at symbol gmail dot com is your email addy?

Cheers,
Greg.

Old December 20th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dan_xtc

I'd really appreciate the info too; the Audi dealer seemed fairly
clueless but I'm fairly certain it's the bracket that attaches the
mirror to the car that's broken. If I was able to dissasemble it myself
before laying out for new parts though, would be excellent!

Old December 27th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Greg[_2_]

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay. Sent you them via email just now.

Cheers,
Greg.

Old December 27th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Greg[_2_]

Hi mate,

Have sent them to your email address. Sorry for the delay with
Christmas and all.

Old January 1st 07, 01:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert Hatcher

In every case I have run into that is a whole mirror replacement.

"dan_xtc" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hey everyone
>
> I wonder if someone might be able to offer their two-cents
>
> Unofrtunatley; I left my A3 T-Sport outside work over the weekend and
> despite folding away my mirrors carefully, some little s*rote has
> wrenched the drivers side mirror forwards, past it's usual position
> causing it to break and hang loose on the car.
>
> Ironically, the electric bits of the mirror still work now it's
> duck-taped in position but what I want to know is if it's likely I'm
> going to have to shell out for an entire new mirror or can I replace
> just the bit that attaches mirror to car (this appears to be the bit
> thats broke on closer inspection- unless someone thinks it's likely
> bits inside the mirror housing wil have suffered too).
>
> Thanks for any replies.
>
> Dan

1999 BMW 528i And 1999 Jeep Wrangler for sale Branden Nelsen[_1_] BMW 0 July 28th 06 05:37 AM
Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
1999 3 Series convertible Tom Scales BMW 2 March 6th 05 05:28 PM
Ferodo brake pad code for 1999 BMW E39 520i vricardo BMW 0 December 9th 04 02:35 PM
Top Boot Cover for 1999 Mazda Miata ($50 ) girish.subramani Mazda 1 November 19th 04 03:18 PM