Oh . . . . My . . . . . . . . . GOD!!!

Old March 8th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Oh . . . . My . . . . . . . . . GOD!!!

There is no hope for us. The average driver's abilities in the U.S. have
deteriorated to the point where you can drive on a flat tire until it BURSTS
INTO FLAMES, and not be aware that anything is wrong, because the idiot
light on the dash didn't light up.
(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!)

Why is it when I read something like this it makes me want to stop driving,
forever? THAT'S SOME SCARY **** THERE!!!

And the NTSA is investigating Toyota because of this?!?
Un****ingbelievable. -Dave

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ta_sienna.html

Old March 8th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article et>, Dave wrote:
> There is no hope for us. The average driver's abilities in the U.S. have
> deteriorated to the point where you can drive on a flat tire until it BURSTS
> INTO FLAMES, and not be aware that anything is wrong, because the idiot
> light on the dash didn't light up.
> (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!)
>
> Why is it when I read something like this it makes me want to stop driving,
> forever? THAT'S SOME SCARY **** THERE!!!
>
> And the NTSA is investigating Toyota because of this?!?
> Un****ingbelievable. -Dave
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ta_sienna.html

Like I say, all dumbing things down does is build a better idiot. Before
we just had idiots driving on underinflated tires. Now we have idiots
driving around on flat tires. Thank parental government.

Old March 8th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Dave:
> There is no hope for us. The average driver's abilities in the U.S. have
> deteriorated to the point where you can drive on a flat tire until it BURSTS
> INTO FLAMES, and not be aware that anything is wrong, because the idiot
> light on the dash didn't light up.

> Why is it when I read something like this it makes me want to stop driving,
> forever?

Because we have to share the road with these numbnutzes?

> THAT'S SOME SCARY **** THERE!!!

Indeed.

> And the NTSA is investigating Toyota because of this?!?
> Un****ingbelievable.

Call me crazy, but how in the hell can you not tell that something is
wrong when a tire goes flat/shreads? Shouldn't one corner of the car
being suddenly lower be a clue???

Old March 8th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:48:48 -0500, necromancer >
wrote:

>> Dave:
>> There is no hope for us. The average driver's abilities in the U.S. have
>> deteriorated to the point where you can drive on a flat tire until it BURSTS
>> INTO FLAMES, and not be aware that anything is wrong, because the idiot
>> light on the dash didn't light up.

>> Why is it when I read something like this it makes me want to stop driving,
>> forever?

>Because we have to share the road with these numbnutzes?
>
>> THAT'S SOME SCARY **** THERE!!!

>Indeed.
>
>> And the NTSA is investigating Toyota because of this?!?
>> Un****ingbelievable.

>Call me crazy, but how in the hell can you not tell that something is
>wrong when a tire goes flat/shreads? Shouldn't one corner of the car
>being suddenly lower be a clue???

Not to mention the noise and vibrations of the vehicle. Just how
oblivious do you have to be?

-LMB

The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they
would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
and get used to the idea.

Old March 8th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
>> Dave:
>> There is no hope for us. The average driver's abilities in the U.S. have
>> deteriorated to the point where you can drive on a flat tire until it BURSTS
>> INTO FLAMES, and not be aware that anything is wrong, because the idiot
>> light on the dash didn't light up.

>> Why is it when I read something like this it makes me want to stop driving,
>> forever?

> Because we have to share the road with these numbnutzes?
>
>> THAT'S SOME SCARY **** THERE!!!

> Indeed.
>
>> And the NTSA is investigating Toyota because of this?!?
>> Un****ingbelievable.

> Call me crazy, but how in the hell can you not tell that something is
> wrong when a tire goes flat/shreads? Shouldn't one corner of the car
> being suddenly lower be a clue???

I had one incident with flat tyre in a 1977 Mercedes-Benz 450SEL with
hydropneumatic suspension system. It was so cold that morning, and one
of the tyres was low on air. I didn't feel or hear anything whilst
driving for a mile or two until I came to the traffic stop. I noticed in
the rear-view mirror the smoke emanating out of rear wheel well. The
tyre was shredded beyond repair. I asked my mechanic about the lack of
sensation or feedback: he explained that the hydropneumatic suspension
often compensated for the individual changes of height. He pointed out
that I wasn't only one to experience that misfortune.

Citroën DS has this ability to travel on three wheels if one of the rear
wheels is removed or has a flat tyre because of, you guess it,
hydropneumatic suspension.

Old March 9th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 04:08:02 +0100, OM > wrote:

>I had one incident with flat tyre in a 1977 Mercedes-Benz 450SEL with
>hydropneumatic suspension system. It was so cold that morning, and one
>of the tyres was low on air. I didn't feel or hear anything whilst
>driving for a mile or two until I came to the traffic stop. I noticed in
>the rear-view mirror the smoke emanating out of rear wheel well. The
>tyre was shredded beyond repair.

Most idiots are at least smart enough to attempt to hide that from
others.

*************************
Dave
Old March 9th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend:
> Still not as crazy as nuts driving 100 mph or while using a cell phone.

No more crazy than faggots like you who have bald tires, inoperative
instrument panel lights and no emergency brake who endanger law abiding
citizens with the pieces of **** that you obstruct traffic with.

Old March 9th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, JohnH wrote:

> Had you carried with you a $5 tire repair kit, you could have fixed it right
> there on the car without even having to remove it. I've done this many
> times myself.

I'd rather not drive around on plugs. I carry a full-size spare and get
my tires patched.