which to buy? CRV, RAV, Vitara, Forester, Santa Fe, etc. Need input.

Old December 12th 03, 12:54 PM
JJ

Default which to buy? CRV, RAV, Vitara, Forester, Santa Fe, etc. Need input.

I am looking at 2004 vehicles in this price range. Previously I had a
Jeep Cherokee, which I quite liked. Although I did not use the 4WD
often, having the lever there was like a warm security blanket. I
liked being able to open the rear hatch door and pile all sorts of
sh1t in there.

I am looking at some of the 4WD/AWD vehicles. Most of the driving
will be on-road but I want to be able to go up a questionable road
when necessary.

My requirements a

1. Be able to go where a 2WD can't (unplowed roads, seasonal use
roads, etc. but I won't be climbing mountains with it, I've got hiking
boots for that).
2. Confortable road driving. Able to cruise at around 80-85mph.
3. Adequate cargo room.
4. Good availability of International support/parts/service as I will
be taking the vehicle to unknown parts of the world.
5. Good reliability.

If you were going on a road trip with two mountain bikes and luggage
INSIDE the vehicle, which would you choose?

Thanks for any responses!

JJ
Old December 12th 03, 03:36 PM
A.Muewi

> 1. Be able to go where a 2WD can't (unplowed roads, seasonal use
> roads, etc. but I won't be climbing mountains with it, I've got hiking
> boots for that).
> 2. Confortable road driving. Able to cruise at around 80-85mph.
> 3. Adequate cargo room.
> 4. Good availability of International support/parts/service as I will
> be taking the vehicle to unknown parts of the world.
> 5. Good reliability.
>
> If you were going on a road trip with two mountain bikes and luggage
> INSIDE the vehicle, which would you choose?

Are you serious? Then consider buying a Chevrolet Tahoe or Suburban. Don't
ever think of buying one of those playmobiles you mentioned above.
I drive a Chevrolet Trailblazer, but that's too small for putting 2 bikes
inside the car plus the baggage.
Andreas

Old December 12th 03, 03:36 PM
A.Muewi