return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?

Old February 10th 09, 11:43 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

Default return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?

"N8N" > wrote in message

> Seeing as my personal car is a Porsche 944 (no ABS, no airbags, no TC,
> etc.) I find your comments amusing. If you can outhandle that car in
> whatever you're driving, I'd be surprised.

A 944? Are you serious?

The 944 (amongst others) is the most **** poor excuse of a car Porsche ever
made, and you wouldn't have to worry about out handling one. You could
*out-run* one of the things on a push bike.

A 1966 Mini Cooper would absolutely snot one ****ing senseless

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 10th 09, 11:49 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"N8N" > wrote in message

> I'm not aware of any RWD Audis, certainly not any with a rear mounted
> transaxle!

Look into it. They can be found with "Porsche" badges on them.

> And if you're referring to the fact that the original 924 was
> commissioned by Audi... who cares. It's still one of the best
> handling cars made.

You need to get out more pal....

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 10th 09, 12:08 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Adrian

"Noddy" > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

> The 944 (amongst others) is the most **** poor excuse of a car Porsche
> ever made, and you wouldn't have to worry about out handling one. You
> could *out-run* one of the things on a push bike.

The 924, absolutely.

Turning that into the 944 was a fairly reasonable attempt at making a
silk purse out of a sow's ear. It's certainly a perfectly competent pig-
leather purse, if not exactly silk.
Old February 10th 09, 12:19 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Kev wrote:
> N8N wrote:
>

>> Seeing as my personal car is a Porsche 944 (no ABS, no airbags, no TC,
>> etc.) I find your comments amusing. If you can outhandle that car in
>> whatever you're driving, I'd be surprised.

> So your old 944 can out handle the latest Porsche can it?

Probably not, just better than whatever you drive.

> I find that
> amusing, and when you wrap it around a power pole after losing control
> showing everyone what a great handling car it is you'll still be carried
> off to the morgue

I find you amusing and why don't you wrap your lips around my pole, or
at least lay off the bottle and post something intelligent and coherent.

****wit.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old February 10th 09, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Noddy wrote:
> "N8N" > wrote in message
>
>> Seeing as my personal car is a Porsche 944 (no ABS, no airbags, no TC,
>> etc.) I find your comments amusing. If you can outhandle that car in
>> whatever you're driving, I'd be surprised.

> A 944? Are you serious?
>
> The 944 (amongst others) is the most **** poor excuse of a car Porsche ever
> made, and you wouldn't have to worry about out handling one. You could
> *out-run* one of the things on a push bike.
>
> A 1966 Mini Cooper would absolutely snot one ****ing senseless

you really haven't a clue what you're talking about, do you? That'd be
fine, if we didn't have to be subjected to public demonstrations of your
ignorance.

nate

Old February 10th 09, 12:21 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"Adrian" > wrote in message

> Turning that into the 944 was a fairly reasonable attempt at making a
> silk purse out of a sow's ear. It's certainly a perfectly competent pig-
> leather purse, if not exactly silk.

If you say so. I wouldn't own a 924/944/928 if you gave me one for free.
They were all pretty bad cars with lots of issues, and it's no wonder they
didn't stay around for a
long time.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 10th 09, 12:23 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

> Probably not, just better than whatever you drive.

Lol

How the **** would you know?

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 10th 09, 12:26 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Noddy[_3_]

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

> you really haven't a clue what you're talking about, do you? That'd be
> fine, if we didn't have to be subjected to public demonstrations of your
> ignorance.

I'd happily bet *both* my testicles right here and now that when you bought
your over-priced Audi you knew **** all about them, but were attracted to
the things because it had a "Porsche" badge and was cheap.

See if a clueless ****** such as your fine self can guess why that is......

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old February 10th 09, 12:35 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Adrian

"Noddy" > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

>> Turning that into the 944 was a fairly reasonable attempt at making a
>> silk purse out of a sow's ear. It's certainly a perfectly competent
>> pig- leather purse, if not exactly silk.

> If you say so. I wouldn't own a 924/944/928 if you gave me one for free.
> They were all pretty bad cars with lots of issues, and it's no wonder
> they didn't stay around for a long time.

I'd have called a 19yr production run for the 924-944-968, and 17yrs for
the 928, reasonable periods - certainly by most manufacturer's standards.
Old February 10th 09, 01:29 PM posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-02-10, Noddy > wrote:

> "Adrian" > wrote in message
>
>> Turning that into the 944 was a fairly reasonable attempt at making a
>> silk purse out of a sow's ear. It's certainly a perfectly competent pig-
>> leather purse, if not exactly silk.

> If you say so. I wouldn't own a 924/944/928 if you gave me one for free.
> They were all pretty bad cars with lots of issues, and it's no wonder they
> didn't stay around for a
> long time.

For a 'bad' car a highly unusual number have survived chicago's harsh
climate. Which leads me to believe they aren't really 'bad' cars.