Fault code question.

Old June 30th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GGinn

Default Fault code question.

Why would I get an fault code of 33 on my YJ when I don't have air
conditioning? Apparently code 33 is an open ciruit on the A/C clutch
relay. My Jeep does not have air. Puzzled.

Greg
Old July 1st 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

GGinn wrote:
> Why would I get an fault code of 33 on my YJ when I don't have air
> conditioning? Apparently code 33 is an open ciruit on the A/C clutch
> relay. My Jeep does not have air. Puzzled.

Because you don't have AC.

Seriously.

Just ignore the error. Trying to fake out the circuit isn't worth the bother.

--
DougW

Old July 1st 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GGinn

On Jun 30, 7:33*pm, Doc > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:35:56 -0700, "L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III"
>
> > wrote:
> >From:http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.htmlmay be in the
> >wide-open-throttle cutoff circuit.
> > * * * *God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> > * * *
> > *http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

> Could be the racing stripes in your shorts Hughes.
>
> As usual, a stupid answer from Cooyon Hughes is better then no answer
> at all!
>

> >"GGinn" > wrote in message
> >> Why would I get an fault code of 33 on my YJ when I don't have air
> >> conditioning? Apparently code 33 is an open ciruit on the A/C clutch
> >> relay. My Jeep does not have air. Puzzled.

> >> Greg

> *I was required to take the officer's test, while in Advanced
> Individual Training, which means I have a 59 IQ, and you didn't!
> * * * * *God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> * * * *
> * *http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Thanks Bill and Doug.
Old July 3rd 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
GGinn

On Jun 30, 10:16*pm, Pink de Freud >
wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:52:11 -0700, GGinn wrote:
> > Why would I get an fault code of 33 on my YJ when I don't have air
> > conditioning? Apparently code 33 is an open ciruit on the A/C clutch
> > relay. My Jeep does not have air. Puzzled.

> > Greg

> #33 - An open or shorted condition detected in the duty cycle purge
> solenoid circuit.
>
> Whether it's the A/C or the EVAP system is not specified.
>
> --
> "Facts? Who needs facts? Insinuations, wild assumptions and unprovable
> allegations work just fine for me."

Thanks Pink.

Greg

Engine fault Code chrismhaney Ford Mustang 1 September 21st 07 06:06 PM
Fault code reset? Dan Buchan BMW 4 May 28th 07 02:13 PM
98 ZJ Fault Code Steve Landis Jeep 2 October 1st 06 12:52 PM
Fault code reader R D S Alfa Romeo 1 July 11th 06 10:08 PM
1A fault code octavianis24 BMW 2 August 22nd 05 10:35 AM