Sermons II

Old February 23rd 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Veeduber

Default Sermons II

To All:

The deal with BookLocker didn't work out. I'll see if I can find
another outlet but don't hold your breath.

-Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
rvirgin22

On Feb 23, 12:51*am, Veeduber > wrote:
> To All:
>
> The deal with BookLocker didn't work out. *I'll see if I can find
> another outlet but don't hold your breath.
>
> -Bob

..
..
Bob

1) Most unfortunate.

2) For those of us who were lucky enough to get our
"Sermons" before the deal closed, how can we get our
money to you and to Ken Hooper (I think that was the
other fellow we owe)?

3) Just for your interest, Bob, I might have added in my
original paint (the blue which was popular around that time),
and looks like brand new, with only 1 little dot of rust in
the front left fender seam.

4) Yes, the tree-huggers hate me. Not only do I change
the oil each week, I then burn the removed stuff in my
oil stove which heats my shop where my Beetle sleeps.
When the oil stove starts up, it spews black clouds of
smoke out the chimney, into the tree-huggers' backyard,
until the firebox heats up.

5) The paint is like the day I bought the car because I
also annoy the tree-huggers by spraying the undercarriage
with oil each couple months, and the door panels, and
seams...... such that it drips oil all along the highway...
and splashes oil on the windshield of any cars which
follow right on top of my bumper. Excellent for stopping
tail-gaters.

6) But even some of the tree-huggers admire how well
the 35-year-old car looks and how it purrrrrrs along the
highway.

Ross Virgin
Toronto (cold winter), Canada
..
..
Old February 23rd 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Veeduber

On Feb 23, 12:02 pm, rvirgin22 > wrote:
> For those of us who were lucky enough to get our
> "Sermons" before the deal closed, how can we get our
> money to you and to Ken Hooper (I think that was the
> other fellow we owe)?

Dear Ross (and the Group),

Ask me in a month or so :-)

The main purpose of going with Booklocker was to place my material,
regular books as well as ebooks, with a single publisher.

The deal blew-up over one of my novels, which appears to be handled by
a different person than the eBookks. When she elected to cancel the
contract, it brought down the ebook as well. I assume a check for the
ebook sales will turn up in due course.

-Bob

PS -- Cold winter here, too. We had a touch of frost that really set
back our tomatoes.
Old February 24th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

Does Amazon offer this service?

Steven King offered a new book on-line. It was thru Simon & Schuster Online:
http://www.simonsays.com/content/boo...b=1&pid=625028
Would this work?

---------------

Old February 24th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Veeduber

On Feb 24, 9:21 am, "Karl" > wrote:

> Steven King offered a new book on-line. It was thru Simon & Schuster Online:http://www.simonsays.com/content/boo...b=1&pid=625028
> Would this work?

Sure. But only if my name were Stephen King :-)

-Bob
Old February 25th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

-------

> Sure. But only if my name were Stephen King :-)
>
> -Bob

I only sent that link to show the price comparison between his hardcover and
ebook. But if you had clicked on the ebook link up in the middle of that
page, you would have seen 10 OTHER ebooks by 9 OTHER authors. Thought maybe
you would have realized that.....
But there I go assuming again. Here is the ebook link:
http://www.simonsays.com/content/ind...d=523087&tab=6
You don't have to be a King.....