What is this for? 68 Autostick

Old April 8th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default What is this for? 68 Autostick

On my 68 Autostick that I am restoring their is a metal line that was
on the passanger side under the running board. The end near the front
of the car is a connector (looks like a spark Plug) that has a small
hole in it and connects to a mteal line that runs the lenght of the
car. The back end was cliped off so I do not know where it goes. My
other bugs do not have this. My first guess was Gas line but I don't
think it is.

Thanks Steven

Old April 8th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Noice87 wrote:
> On my 68 Autostick that I am restoring their is a metal line that was
> on the passanger side under the running board. The end near the front
> of the car is a connector (looks like a spark Plug) that has a small
> hole in it and connects to a mteal line that runs the lenght of the
> car. The back end was cliped off so I do not know where it goes. My
> other bugs do not have this. My first guess was Gas line but I don't
> think it is.
>
> Thanks Steven

I'll go out on a limb. I don't think this was stock for '68.
Later cars had a fuel vapor line attached to the perimeter
bolts on the pass side which went to a charcoal canister
under the rt rear fender. But '68 didn't have it yet.

Your car has a tank under the fender, but that's for the
autostick.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old April 8th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Is it somethign I need to replace and fingure out were it was hooked up
to?

Thanks Steven

Old April 8th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Noice87 wrote:

> Is it somethign I need to replace and fingure out were it was hooked up
> to?
>
> Thanks Steven

I would say no.

68 Autostick Bug Brakes Update Noice87 VW air cooled 0 January 30th 06 03:56 AM
71 SB Autostick Anyone Know This Sound [email protected] VW air cooled 3 October 19th 05 09:45 PM
autostick rtchad VW air cooled 7 December 15th 04 11:36 PM
One more Time - Autostick tranny to intake manifold Scott VW air cooled 4 October 24th 04 03:25 AM
Intake Manifold for Autostick Tranny Scott VW air cooled 2 October 22nd 04 06:03 AM