GEAR NOB CHANGE

Old March 22nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default GEAR NOB CHANGE

Hiya,
Just wondering whether anyone has ever changed the gear nob on 147? My
mecanic and I, have tried hard to replece the one in my 147, but
unfortunately it won't move. Is there any trick on the gear nob to be
changed?
Cheers mates

Old March 22nd 06, 07:37 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"cama via CarKB.com" <u19609@uwe> wrote in message news:5d9b992b372ca@uwe...
> Hiya,
> Just wondering whether anyone has ever changed the gear nob on 147? My
> mecanic and I, have tried hard to replece the one in my 147, but
> unfortunately it won't move. Is there any trick on the gear nob to be
> changed?

Hi,

It's not screwed on to a thread, I think it's glued on to a splined end, so
won't come off by twisting.

I've heard of people using a hot air gun to loosen it and pull it off, but I
think the most common technique is to use a hacksaw and cut it off :-(

has.mac

Old March 22nd 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Just apply a bit more violence.
It's pressed on "hot" and over a spline.
Just take a big wrenge, GARB IT, turn and off it will go.
A new one will have a bolt to secure it to the gear lever shaft.
--
Ciao from The Netherlands
alfistagj (aka Gert-Jan)

"cama via CarKB.com" <u19609@uwe> schreef in bericht
> Hiya,
> Just wondering whether anyone has ever changed the gear nob on 147? My
> mecanic and I, have tried hard to replece the one in my 147, but
> unfortunately it won't move. Is there any trick on the gear nob to be
> changed?
> Cheers mates

Lebaron GTC 1995 model The gear not shifting Airay Chrysler 1 March 2nd 05 04:55 AM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 03:46 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 12:57 PM
Gear change and Air Con Ballymoney Alfa Romeo 3 October 3rd 04 08:40 AM
156 Selespeed dimming lights in gear change Azzy Alfa Romeo 3 September 11th 04 11:51 AM