Europe Loves The Mustang

Old June 26th 05, 09:04 AM
Spike

One side taxes and spends and the other side creates huge welfare
programs, and support the notion that people should not take
responsibility for themselves. Two sides of the same coin.

Maybe it's because I am more of an optimist. Things tend to balance
out one way or another. The pendulum swings both ways. I much prefer
to hold that view, the to be forever worried about gloom and doom
around the corner.

I figure, sooner or later, we're going to see a major epidemic, or a
major war, or some other means by which nature tends to balance out
the populations, and allow things to renew. I'll deal with that when
the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my life whether times
are lean of plenty.

And on that note, in the words of Red Skelton... "Goodnight, and may
God Bless"....

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:20:11 GMT, rw >
wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>
>> Actually, I believe the economists say "neither". That this has been
>> going on for a good 50 years.

>Wing nuts talk about the "tax and spend Democrats." They don't talk much
>about the "spend and spend" Republicans.
>
>When Clinton left office there was a very substantial budget surplus,
>and there were projected surpluses "as far as the eye could see." This
>led Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, to worry that our
>biggest danger was that we'd pay the national debt down TOO FAST! Yep,
>our biggest problem was that we'd be up to our asses in ice cream.
>
>Well, that fat tax cut for the wealthy and the ongoing cost of the Iraq
>Quagmire fixed that problem.
>
>This huge deficit, which is growing more huge all the time, is a big
>deal. It's unsustainable. If this keeps up we will have to devalue our
>currency in the not-too-distant future, and then the **** will hit the
>fan. In the meantime, we're giving China political leverage because
>they're keeping us afloat.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old June 28th 05, 03:03 AM
Hank

ZombyWoof wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:19:50 -0400, Hank >
> wrote something wonderfully witty:
>

>>the guvnor wrote:
>>

>>>China has overtaken the US in sales of televisions and mobile phones.
>>>In the next few years, it will become the biggest market for
>>>computers. And a double digit rise in urban incomes has drawn Cartier,
>>>Prada and Armani to expand here faster than anywhere else in the
>>>world.
>>>
>>>From luxury confectionery and designer clothes to imported beers and
>>>expensive cars, Chinese shoppers are buying as they have never bought
>>>before.
>>>
>>>By 2015, the bank predicts, "Chinese consumers will likely have
>>>displaced US consumers as the primary engine of global economic
>>>growth."
>>>
>>>http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/stor...509375,00.html

>> There was a news segment on China yesterday. Unprecedented
>>economic growth of 20% annually. China is building a city the
>>size of Philadelphia every =MONTH=. China just put in a hostile
>>takeover bid on Unocal. The U.S. economy seems doomed. You
>>can't sustain an economy on weapons production, war crimes,
>>illegal invasions, war profiteering, obscene tax cuts for the
>>ruling elite, and record budget and trade deficits. The people
>>running our gorernment today are mad "men".

> Can't run it on giving every Tom, Dick, & Harriet a welfare check
> either.

Dick Cheney's Halliburton should definitely have it's
multi-million dollar war profiteering welfare checks
cut off immediately. Far too much fraud and taxpayer theft.
Cheney's Halliburton is almost as sleazy, corrupt, and un
American as bu$h and Kenny Boy Lay's Enron...

-

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

"The tsunami was a wonderful opportunity to show not just the
US government, but the heart of the American people, and I think
it has paid great dividends for us." Condoleezza Rice

"One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the
infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going
to own that country," - Tom Brokaw

Cost of probing Bill Clinton's sex life: $65 million.
Cost of probing the Columbia shuttle disaster: $50 million.
Funds assigned to independent Sept. 11 panel: $3 million.

"After all, it is the leaders of the country who determine
the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the
people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to
do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same in any country."
-- Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and
Luftwaffe Commander in Chief

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building,
I didn't realize that he meant only the United States"
-- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...
Old June 28th 05, 03:08 AM
Hank

Larry J. wrote:

> Waiving the right to remain silent, Hank >
> said:

>> There was a news segment on China yesterday. Unprecedented
>>economic growth of 20% annually. China is building a city the
>>size of Philadelphia every =MONTH=. China just put in a hostile
>>takeover bid on Unocal. The U.S. economy seems doomed. You
>>can't sustain an economy on weapons production, war crimes,
>>illegal invasions, war profiteering, obscene tax cuts for the
>>ruling elite, and record budget and trade deficits. The people
>>running our gorernment today are mad "men".

> The Chinese economic engine has neen running in high gear for more
> than a decade - long before the current US administration.
>
> I was there for three weeks in 1998 and witnessed it happening. I
> was there again last year and saw the continuing progress since 1998.
>
> You cannot stop it, and you cannot blame the current administration.
>
> To do so just proves you bias and ignorance.

The export of jobs and the trade deficit have worsened
greatly under the "leadership" of bu$h's regime. bu$h also
converted a record budget surplus into a record debt in
record time. Denying reality proves your bias and ignorance.

-