Wheel covers on a 2002 Saturn SL1 Sedan

Old July 10th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
stlsaturn

Default Wheel covers on a 2002 Saturn SL1 Sedan

Hi. I recently purchased a 2002 SL1, 4 door, manual transmission, sedan. I love it.

However, I lost a wheel cover a few months ago, and I have been having a devil of a time finding a replacement that fits.

I purchased two OEM wheel covers on eBay from reputable sellers. Both were listed as fitting the 2002 SL1, and both look absolutely identical to the wheel covers I have. They are the same size, same pattern; everything, to appearances, is exactly the same. The only difference I can note is the four cap nuts that fit over the wheel bolts, and which secure the covers, are a dark grey, whereas the ones on my current wheel covers are a lighter grey.

When I attempt to attach the replacement wheel covers, both lineup perfectly, but the cap nuts don't quite reach the bolt threads on the wheels. If I push really hard on the wheel covers, I can make them barely reach the threads, but that's not right. They're clearly not fitting for some reason.

I even had my mechanic look at it and he was baffled.

Has anyone had any experience with this, or any advice?

Roy
Old July 12th 12, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Check with AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts.
Lug nuts may be different. If it's like mine, the lug nut has a threaded
body below the hex head that the wheel cover nut engages. You may be able to
get replacement wheel cover nuts also. I believe that they snap into the
cover.

"stlsaturn" > wrote in message
> Hi. I recently purchased a 2002 SL1, 4 door, manual transmission, sedan. I
> love it.
>
> However, I lost a wheel cover a few months ago, and I have been having a
> devil of a time finding a replacement that fits.
>
> I purchased two OEM wheel covers on eBay from reputable sellers. Both were
> listed as fitting the 2002 SL1, and both look absolutely identical to the
> wheel covers I have. They are the same size, same pattern; everything, to
> appearances, is exactly the same. The only difference I can note is the
> four cap nuts that fit over the wheel bolts, and which secure the covers,
> are a dark grey, whereas the ones on my current wheel covers are a lighter
> grey.
>
> When I attempt to attach the replacement wheel covers, both lineup
> perfectly, but the cap nuts don't quite reach the bolt threads on the
> wheels. If I push really hard on the wheel covers, I can make them barely
> reach the threads, but that's not right. They're clearly not fitting for
> some reason.
>
> I even had my mechanic look at it and he was baffled.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this, or any advice?
>
> Roy

Saturn 2002 SL1 Gas tank capacity? lbbss Saturn 3 April 7th 09 05:18 PM
FS: 2002 saturn SL1 parts car James and Jenn Saturn 0 January 29th 07 03:31 AM
Saturn SL1 2002 sable024 Saturn 4 November 1st 05 08:38 PM
Saturn 1994 SL1 Greg M Saturn 2 June 24th 05 01:16 AM
1999 Saturn SL1 Rear Wheel bearings??? Cleve5x Saturn 0 October 29th 04 06:49 PM