Chevy To Add New V8/RWD To Lineup

Old March 19th 12, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Chevy To Add New V8/RWD To Lineup

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 05:14:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Cool stuff! Read on.
>
>----
>Chevrolet announced Tuesday that in 2013 it will introduce a new
>nameplate to showrooms. The car will also race in the NASCAR Sprint
>Cup series.
>
>The new racecar will "closely resemble the production version," and
>both cars will be unveiled in the next year, Chevrolet said.
>
>The car will debut at the Daytona 500 in February 2013, said Monte
>Doran, a Chevrolet spokesman.
>
>Doran said the new NASCAR entry will not be based on a current
>nameplate including the Malibu and the Impala, its current NASCAR
>vehicle.
>
>"Our car will be based on a new entry to the Chevy lineup," he said.
>
>Doran said the vehicle will go into production some time in 2013.
>"Stay tuned," he said. "We have more news coming."
>
>Jim Campbell, vice president of Chevrolet performance vehicles and
>motorsports said in a statement: "We are keeping the wraps on the new
>car for now and will continue to prepare for next season by testing
>camouflaged vehicles. We know that Chevrolet fans are eager to see the
>new racecar, and we hope that the prospect of being able to own one
>just like it will make the wait a little more bearable."
>
>Dave Sullivan, manager of product analysis for AutoPacific Inc., said
>he believes GM likely will bring back "some recycled or rehashed
>version of the Pontiac G8 or the Chevrolet Caprice with some sportier
>intentions."
>
>Sullivan said the vehicle likely will be rear-wheel drive, have a V8
>engine and be produced as a limited edition.
>
>In January, Ford revealed the 2013 Ford Fusion Sprint Cup car, which
>is modeled after the 2013 Fusion. Dodge and SRT Motorsports unveiled a
>new 2013 Dodge Charger for the Sprint Cup.
>----
>
>Patrick

I wonder if this is the same car that's been known about for a couple
years as the Police Only replacement for the 9C1. Management may have
decided that if they were going to run an assembly line might as well
sell them to anyone.
Old March 22nd 12, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 3/15/2012 23:39, twk wrote:
>> There is no demand. They can barely sell them. The volt is a failure.
>> And that's too bad because the tax payers are getting screwed over this.
>>
>> There is _NO_ tax rebate for buying a Ford Fusion Hybrid, which by the
>> way starts at $28,775. AND, it gets 41 city/36 hwy/39 combined.
>> <http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/specifications/>
>> Oh yeah, the Fusion seats 5. I wouldn't buy either one (at this point in
>> my life) but I'm leaning toward the Ford.
>>

> Again I think that's more to do with price than anything. You'd better
> check that again, there should be a tax credit for any hybrid.

The laziest bit of Googlin' tells me this:

Tax credits for hybrids, gas/electric, and plug-in electric cars is a global
initiative, not just within the U.S.

Previously, hybrids qualified for tax credits. Problem is, as sales grew to
a given point, those credits expired (Toyota and Honda have been
discontinued, I believe - there is especially no longer an incentive to
offer an incentive for buying a Prius)

There's a "2011 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit for Electric Cars" with a
credit of $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles. These include the
plug-in Chevy Volt, and the CODA Sedan (?), the Nissan Leaf, the smart
fortwo, the Tesla Roadster, and the Wheego LiFe (?). Again, once production
of any vehicle reaches 200,000, these credits begin to go away.

From Ford, the Fusion and Escape Hybrids did, indeed, qualify for tax
credits. Whether or not they still do, I don't know. But, as with all hybrid
vehicles at least at one time, they most certainly did earn tax credits.

So it's not all just about Chevy, or just about the Volt. Governments around
the world have been offering incentives to move customers from gas to
electric, and the tax credit for a Chevy Volt is just one example.

dwight

Old March 22nd 12, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >, "dwight" >
wrote:

> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> > On 3/15/2012 23:39, twk wrote:
> >> There is no demand. They can barely sell them. The volt is a failure.
> >> And that's too bad because the tax payers are getting screwed over this.
> >>
> >> There is _NO_ tax rebate for buying a Ford Fusion Hybrid, which by the
> >> way starts at $28,775. AND, it gets 41 city/36 hwy/39 combined.
> >> <http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/specifications/>
> >> Oh yeah, the Fusion seats 5. I wouldn't buy either one (at this point in
> >> my life) but I'm leaning toward the Ford.
> >>

> > Again I think that's more to do with price than anything. You'd better
> > check that again, there should be a tax credit for any hybrid.

> The laziest bit of Googlin' tells me this:
>
> Tax credits for hybrids, gas/electric, and plug-in electric cars is a global
> initiative, not just within the U.S.
>
> Previously, hybrids qualified for tax credits. Problem is, as sales grew to
> a given point, those credits expired (Toyota and Honda have been
> discontinued, I believe - there is especially no longer an incentive to
> offer an incentive for buying a Prius)
>
> There's a "2011 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit for Electric Cars" with a
> credit of $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles. These include the
> plug-in Chevy Volt, and the CODA Sedan (?), the Nissan Leaf, the smart
> fortwo, the Tesla Roadster, and the Wheego LiFe (?). Again, once production
> of any vehicle reaches 200,000, these credits begin to go away.
>
> From Ford, the Fusion and Escape Hybrids did, indeed, qualify for tax
> credits. Whether or not they still do, I don't know. But, as with all hybrid
> vehicles at least at one time, they most certainly did earn tax credits.
>
> So it's not all just about Chevy, or just about the Volt. Governments around
> the world have been offering incentives to move customers from gas to
> electric, and the tax credit for a Chevy Volt is just one example.
>
> dwight

Interesting. $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles.
Yet you get $10k tax credit if you buy a volt.
Got a link to that? I'm not into this enough to look it up right now.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old March 22nd 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"twk" > wrote in message
> In article >, "dwight" >
> wrote:

>> > Again I think that's more to do with price than anything. You'd
>> > better
>> > check that again, there should be a tax credit for any hybrid.

>> The laziest bit of Googlin' tells me this:
>>
>> Tax credits for hybrids, gas/electric, and plug-in electric cars is a
>> global
>> initiative, not just within the U.S.
>>
>> Previously, hybrids qualified for tax credits. Problem is, as sales grew
>> a given point, those credits expired (Toyota and Honda have been
>> discontinued, I believe - there is especially no longer an incentive to
>> offer an incentive for buying a Prius)
>>
>> There's a "2011 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit for Electric Cars" with
>> credit of $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles. These include the
>> plug-in Chevy Volt, and the CODA Sedan (?), the Nissan Leaf, the smart
>> fortwo, the Tesla Roadster, and the Wheego LiFe (?). Again, once
>> production
>> of any vehicle reaches 200,000, these credits begin to go away.
>>
>> From Ford, the Fusion and Escape Hybrids did, indeed, qualify for tax
>> credits. Whether or not they still do, I don't know. But, as with all
>> hybrid
>> vehicles at least at one time, they most certainly did earn tax credits.
>>
>> So it's not all just about Chevy, or just about the Volt. Governments
>> around
>> the world have been offering incentives to move customers from gas to
>> electric, and the tax credit for a Chevy Volt is just one example.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Interesting. $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles.
> Yet you get $10k tax credit if you buy a volt.
> Got a link to that? I'm not into this enough to look it up right now.
>
> --
> For all you know this message was...
> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

Got a link to the $10K thing, 'cause I never saw that.

These tax credits are all laid out at the IRS website.

dwight

Old March 22nd 12, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 3/22/2012 09:41, twk wrote:
>> From Ford, the Fusion and Escape Hybrids did, indeed, qualify for tax
>> credits. Whether or not they still do, I don't know. But, as with all hybrid
>> vehicles at least at one time, they most certainly did earn tax credits.
>>
>> So it's not all just about Chevy, or just about the Volt. Governments around
>> the world have been offering incentives to move customers from gas to
>> electric, and the tax credit for a Chevy Volt is just one example.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Interesting. $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles.
> Yet you get $10k tax credit if you buy a volt.
> Got a link to that? I'm not into this enough to look it up right now.

I'm just hoping to get something next year for the TDI purchase.
Old March 23rd 12, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 3/23/2012 12:08, twk wrote:
>> Let's see.... Try this hypothetical on for size:
>>
>> I make over a million this year, which puts me in the top tax bracket,
>> currently only 35%. I'm not very good at hiding my assets or using offshore
>> tax havens, so I'm in for the whole 35% nut. I buy a Chevy Volt, and
>> indicate that on my Form 1040. This reduces my tax burden of $350,000 by
>> $10,000.
>>
>> Where is it, again, that I'm taking money away from Mustang owners?
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Am I supposed to be impressed by your income? I don't care.
> Where do you think the government gets it's money?
> From the tax payers. You, me, and everyone that pays taxes.
> Not everyone makes a million per year.

I see his point zipped right through the part in your hair.
Old March 24th 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 3/24/2012 07:52, dwight wrote:

>>> seem > to

>>> Let's see.... Try this hypothetical on for size:
>>>
>>> I make over a million this year, which puts me in the top tax bracket,
>>> currently only 35%. I'm not very good at hiding my assets or using
>>> offshore
>>> tax havens, so I'm in for the whole 35% nut. I buy a Chevy Volt, and
>>> indicate that on my Form 1040. This reduces my tax burden of $350,000 by
>>> $10,000.
>>>
>>> Where is it, again, that I'm taking money away from Mustang owners?
>>>
>>> dwight

>> Am I supposed to be impressed by your income? I don't care.
>> Where do you think the government gets it's money?
>> From the tax payers. You, me, and everyone that pays taxes.
>> Not everyone makes a million per year.
>>

> Sorry. I used a word that you may not be familiar with: "hypothetical."
> I WISH I made a million a year.
>
> dwight

I do too, you might be tempted to donate things to other ramfm
members LOL! On a side note, the MKVI TDI's have launch control
similar to the Laguna Seca.
Old March 24th 12, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote:

> On 3/23/2012 12:08, twk wrote:
> >> Let's see.... Try this hypothetical on for size:
> >>
> >> I make over a million this year, which puts me in the top tax bracket,
> >> currently only 35%. I'm not very good at hiding my assets or using offshore
> >> tax havens, so I'm in for the whole 35% nut. I buy a Chevy Volt, and
> >> indicate that on my Form 1040. This reduces my tax burden of $350,000 by
> >> $10,000.
> >>
> >> Where is it, again, that I'm taking money away from Mustang owners?
> >>
> >> dwight
> >>

> > Am I supposed to be impressed by your income? I don't care.
> > Where do you think the government gets it's money?
> > From the tax payers. You, me, and everyone that pays taxes.
> > Not everyone makes a million per year.
> >

> I see his point zipped right through the part in your hair.

Yep. I was in a hurry getting ready for work.