Watch your speed when driving at night!!

Old October 20th 05, 05:05 AM
223rem

Default Watch your speed when driving at night!!

On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!
So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!
Old October 20th 05, 05:10 AM
Old Wolf

223rem wrote:

> On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
> Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
> once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
> the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

One time I got pulled over for running a red light on my bicycle
at 2.30AM , with no non-parked cars in sight (literally).

> So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!

Get a radar detector

Old October 20th 05, 05:55 AM
Brent P

In article <mIE5f.448903$_o.339480@attbi_s71>, 223rem wrote:
> On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
> Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
> once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
> the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!
> So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!

Those are prime cop hours for collecting revenue and making papers stops.

Old October 20th 05, 05:55 AM
Jim Yanik

"Old Wolf" > wrote in
oups.com:

> 223rem wrote:
>
>> On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
>> Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
>> once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
>> the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

> One time I got pulled over for running a red light on my bicycle
> at 2.30AM , with no non-parked cars in sight (literally).
>
>> So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!

> Get a radar detector

Which does not protect against Instant-On,unless you have another auto well
in front of you to get shot first,unlikely at wee hours of the morn.

Of course,since they are running radar traps,no one is writing up RED LIGHT
runners,or weaving drunk drivers,or other MOVING violations that actually
cause more harm.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old October 20th 05, 06:59 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

223rem wrote:
> On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
> Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
> once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
> the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!
> So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!

Listen to the crybaby. He broke the law and endangered other people
and now is whining he got caught and has to pay a fine. But if some
dood was sitting on a bench minding his own business and using an
illegal drug he'd get 20 years and 223rem would "if you don't want to
go to prison, don't break the law."

Old October 20th 05, 07:55 AM
Ben

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:05:38 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Who'd think of obeying
>the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

Anyone who has had more than 4 beers - you must be new at this.

I take it you've never taken a field sobriety test. Take my advice -
it's much better to get home 2-3 minutes later going the speed limit
than getting puilled over and being put through the paces, even if you
pass.

I only had to do it once to learn my lesson - the lesson being not
getting pulled over. I'll still drink a few beers before going home,
but I don't speed, don't push red lights, and I drive as straight as
an arrow.

HTH
Old October 20th 05, 12:51 PM
Larry Bud

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
> > On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
> > Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
> > once from an oncoming) on deserted streets.

> Listen to the crybaby. He broke the law and endangered other people

WHAT other people? The street was deserted.

Old October 20th 05, 03:47 PM
223rem

Ben wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:05:38 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>

>>Who'd think of obeying
>>the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

> Anyone who has had more than 4 beers - you must be new at this.

I am. When I go out bar hopping, I use cabs.

> I take it you've never taken a field sobriety test. Take my advice -
> it's much better to get home 2-3 minutes later going the speed limit
> than getting puilled over and being put through the paces, even if you
> pass.
>
> I only had to do it once to learn my lesson - the lesson being not
> getting pulled over. I'll still drink a few beers before going home,
> but I don't speed, don't push red lights, and I drive as straight as
> an arrow.

Huge mistake. If you get into an accident by no fault of your own,
you'll still get arrested for DUI.
Old October 20th 05, 04:01 PM
Roy Shroyer

"Ben" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:05:38 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>
>>Who'd think of obeying
>>the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

> Anyone who has had more than 4 beers - you must be new at this.
>

> I take it you've never taken a field sobriety test. Take my advice -
> it's much better to get home 2-3 minutes later going the speed limit
> than getting puilled over and being put through the paces, even if you
> pass.
>
> I only had to do it once to learn my lesson - the lesson being not
> getting pulled over. I'll still drink a few beers before going home,
> but I don't speed, don't push red lights, and I drive as straight as
> an arrow.
>
> HTH

Good advice. Here in Louisiana, traffic regs are not enforced during normal
hours. But after 10:00 pm, every reg is strictly enforced. The police are
looking for drunks. Get pulled over late at night here, sober as a church
deacon, and you get the full treatment (ie shakedown).

Its a bull**** policy. Given that its a free for all around here most of
the time, its hard not to get into bad driving habits. All it takes is one
slip up at night (something you do on the same road every day (ie 45 in a
35) and you're busted.

No matter what, I obey every reg religiuosly at night. Doing so during the
day would ,likely cause an accident or incite sufficient road rage in other
drivers to cause an incident.

Try driving the speed limit on roads that are deliberately under posted
during the day and watch what happens. However, doing it at night with
light traffic is easy.

Its selective enforcment and its designed to enrich the local authorities.

It sucks. I'd rather have uniform enforcement. People would drive better.

Aaaargh,.

Old October 20th 05, 04:29 PM
jaybird

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
> "Old Wolf" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
>> 223rem wrote:
>>
>>> On three different occasions, all late at night, in three different
>>> Indiana cities, I've been radar-ed by cop cars (twice from behind,
>>> once from an oncoming) on deserted streets. Who'd think of obeying
>>> the speed limit (35-40) on a practically empty street at 3 am?!

>> One time I got pulled over for running a red light on my bicycle
>> at 2.30AM , with no non-parked cars in sight (literally).
>>
>>> So the highway robbers are now prowling city streets!

>> Get a radar detector
>>

> Which does not protect against Instant-On,unless you have another auto
> well
> in front of you to get shot first,unlikely at wee hours of the morn.
>
> Of course,since they are running radar traps,no one is writing up RED
> LIGHT
> runners,or weaving drunk drivers,or other MOVING violations that actually
> cause more harm.

What's a radar trap? Nobody is trapping anyone...

--
---
jaybird