identifying bug found in creek

Old January 26th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Papa

Default identifying bug found in creek

> I don't know what semaphore turn signals are, but there are teeny tiny
> turn signals up front outboard of the headlights.

Those turn signals go way back. They are mechanical pointers on both the
driver side and the passenger side window frames that flip out to signal
which way you intend to turn - almost like the old hand signals. You have
heard of hand signals, haven't you? ;>)

Old January 26th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Right by the upper portion of the rear 1/4 panel window very close to either
door, there should be a cutout that would allow for a tiny little arm to pop
out of that panel and blink. That should be a semaphore turn signal
(flag-like turn signals). It kinda looks like a school bus stop signal on
the left side which comes out from the school bus when activated. The
Beetle signals rise out and up while the school bus signal comes out and
forward.
You couldn't tell in those pictures on that link huh?

I just can't find a good picture of one in operation! :-(
Still looking.............
AH HA I found some good pictures he
http://members.aol.com/cgearannex/Semaphores.html

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

link.net...

Old January 27th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
JJ[_3_]

You gotta take some snapshots and post 'em. I can't picture how/why the
rear tunnel would be missing. It's not really rearmost (which I think
you have in mind - the shelf), but just under the rear seat.

Stevens Creek Honda is cheating PK Honda 8 January 10th 06 04:18 AM
I found a new cockpit gtlover Driving 1 September 16th 05 01:49 AM
I found a new cockpit gtlover Simulators 0 September 15th 05 09:07 AM
found my engine problem george taylor VW air cooled 3 September 11th 05 02:40 AM
warman gets paid oil money [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 June 7th 05 09:19 PM