Charleston, WV, USA and Baltimore centre videos

Old November 21st 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Carl Rogers

Default Charleston, WV, USA and Baltimore centre videos

Hi All,

Tonight, some new videos have been prepared at Videos of Worldwide Highways:

(1) Charleston, WV video. Outlines a short trek along I-64 in the state's
capital. Keep your eyes open for the bridge crossing at the beginning of
the video:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/i-64.wmv
(2) Baltimore, MD video. In a nighttime setting, it discusses I-395 and
its unique southern-terminus:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/i-395.wmv

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
-----------------
Calrog.com, Pictures of Highway Shields: http://hwy-shields.calrog.com
Videos of Worldwide Highways: http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
Concise, Sampled RSS Edition: http://hwy-shields.calrog.com/phs-rss.xml
Highway Shield & Travel Literatu http://www.lulu.com/calrog-bookstore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feedback/input to Calrog.com is always appreciated. It's always my intent
to respond to all input, to which you may have been previously exposed! But
due to the sometimes overwhelming amount of input and the unpredictable
nature of such, more research and time is needed to prepare my responses.
That said, feel free to e-mail me w/ any input you may have, and I'll get
back to you w/in 24 to 36 weekday hours. Thank you & happy travels!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 21st 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

> Carl Rogers wrote:
> (2) Baltimore, MD video. In a nighttime setting, it discusses I-395 and
> its unique southern-terminus:

One could argue that the I-10/310 and I-10/55 junctions outside New
Orleans are also 'over water'. The 10/310 junction especially has a
lot of standing water underneath it.

Now you could say that 95/395 is the only one fully over OPEN water,
which I guess is what you were meaning, but you didn't specify that...

Froggie | Picayune, MS | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/

Old November 21st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Adam Prince

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>> Carl Rogers wrote:
>> (2) Baltimore, MD video. In a nighttime setting, it discusses I-395 and
>> its unique southern-terminus:

> One could argue that the I-10/310 and I-10/55 junctions outside New
> Orleans are also 'over water'. The 10/310 junction especially has a
> lot of standing water underneath it.
>
> Now you could say that 95/395 is the only one fully over OPEN water,
> which I guess is what you were meaning, but you didn't specify that...

Is where the video being shot at, actually at the said open water terminus?

It's hard to tell in the pitch black.

Old November 22nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), said in
rec.autos.driving:
> > Carl Rogers wrote:
> > (2) Baltimore, MD video. In a nighttime setting, it discusses I-395 and
> > its unique southern-terminus:

> One could argue that the I-10/310 and I-10/55 junctions outside New
> Orleans are also 'over water'. The 10/310 junction especially has a
> lot of standing water underneath it.
>
> Now you could say that 95/395 is the only one fully over OPEN water,
> which I guess is what you were meaning, but you didn't specify that...
>
> Froggie | Picayune, MS | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/

<Topic Drift>

Perusing your site, the Fictional Syracuse Freeway System page got my
attention (and interest). Just one technical note for now, the image
file for the NY 92 shield seems to be missing (get a broken image
indication) even after re-loading. The link to the Manlius Bypass
(though the shield is missing) works fine and all the other shield pics
come in OK.

</Topic Drift>
--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving
Old November 24th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
James W Anderson

About partially over-water interchanges:

Phoenix has one on the 202 (Red Mountain) at the 101, just after the
long bridge over the Salt River, at least some of the ramps,
particularly on the west and north sides of the interchange, are over
the usually-dry Salt River.

I've seen the Salt flood, and the bridge over it on I-10 plus the at
the time only existing bridges at AZ-87 and US-60 (old surface route
'Tempe Bridge') having to be closed for a short time.

The AZ-87 bridge went through several rebuilds, 1966, 1970s, and 1983,
before they had a good enough structure to withstand the floods, this
one is between McDowell and the present 202 alignment. I'll post more
on that fiasco later.

Old November 24th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Bitchin' Camaro

Adam Prince wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>>> Carl Rogers wrote:
>>> (2) Baltimore, MD video. In a nighttime setting, it discusses I-395
>>> and its unique southern-terminus:

>> One could argue that the I-10/310 and I-10/55 junctions outside New
>> Orleans are also 'over water'. The 10/310 junction especially has a
>> lot of standing water underneath it.
>>
>> Now you could say that 95/395 is the only one fully over OPEN water,
>> which I guess is what you were meaning, but you didn't specify that...

> Is where the video being shot at, actually at the said open water
> terminus?
>
> It's hard to tell in the pitch black.

Hm. You could shoot a video in Podunk at midnite, and *say* that it's like
Kathmandu, or Paris, or Sydney, or Bejing. Who's gonna know?

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto of Hollywood
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com