Wonder how this Miata handles?

Old April 5th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter[_4_]

Default Wonder how this Miata handles?

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg

Old April 5th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mark[_13_]

On Apr 5, 9:00 am, Scott Streeter > wrote:
> http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg

Depends what kind of a TAK it has!

And I can't believe they have the top up when it's clearly not
raining.

Old April 5th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Mark" > wrote:

> On Apr 5, 9:00 am, Scott Streeter > wrote:
>> http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg
>>

> Depends what kind of a TAK it has!
>
> And I can't believe they have the top up when it's clearly not
> raining.

They leave the top up to protect the HUGE TAK of course.

Old April 5th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2007-04-05, Scott Streeter > wrote:

> http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg

Now that's just sad. Looks like a 96M.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! - if it GLISTENS,
at gobble it!!
Old April 6th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2007-04-05, Scott Streeter > wrote:
>
>>http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg

> Now that's just sad. Looks like a 96M.

It can be hard to tell between the '96M and a Montego blue in the right
light, but I think you are correct, that looks like a heavily abused
'96M to me. The area with the "M" emblems is covered in mud, but that
doesn't mean much, my '96M had no side emblems.
I would rather hit another deer with one than do that to it.

Like I said, if it can be screwed up, it will be, eventually.

Pat
Old April 6th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2007-04-06, pws > wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2007-04-05, Scott Streeter > wrote:
>>
>>>http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg

>> Now that's just sad. Looks like a 96M.

> It can be hard to tell between the '96M and a Montego blue in
> the right light, but I think you are correct, that looks like
> a heavily abused '96M to me.

It's hard to see them, but the headrests look like the unique
"M" version -- IIRC, they were a different shape than the non-M
versions. In any case even if it's not a 96M, that doesn't
deminish the, um, oddness of the whole thing.

> The area with the "M" emblems is covered in mud, but that
> doesn't mean much, my '96M had no side emblems. I would rather
> hit another deer with one than do that to it.

At first I thought it was something somebody photoshopped, but
I didn't see any evidence (though the photo was too low a
resolution with too high a compression factor to really tell).

> Like I said, if it can be screwed up, it will be, eventually.

I guess there's no accounting for taste.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! ONE LIFE TO LIVE for
at ALL MY CHILDREN in ANOTHER
Old April 6th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> At first I thought it was something somebody photoshopped, but
> I didn't see any evidence

I doubt it. Somebody did the same thing with a Spitfire.
Old April 6th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

On Apr 5, 11:00 am, Scott Streeter > wrote:
> http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8438/miata1bz.jpg
>
> --

I hate to say it however, butt ugly as it is, that might come in
handy the next time we have a topical storm like Allison come through
Houston. I actually use my car as an excuse to not go to work if it's
been raining hard and my boss accepts this but, on occasion, she comes
and picks me up in her Ford Expedition.

Old April 6th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> I hate to say it however, butt ugly as it is, that might come in
> handy the next time we have a topical storm like Allison come through
> Houston. I actually use my car as an excuse to not go to work if it's
> been raining hard and my boss accepts this but, on occasion, she comes
> and picks me up in her Ford Expedition.

Carol, you've got a "great boss", NOT! ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old April 6th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

I hate to say it, but I WANT one of those. As Carol mentioned, it could
really come in handy.

I'm disappointed I can't drive my Miata up the old CCC road to my cabin.
http://www.patc.net/images/cab_johnson.jpg
This thing would really do the trick!

I think the top was up to keep the mud out.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway