Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ utivro

Old November 11th 04, 09:51 PM
Bob Casanova

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:38:48 -0800, the following appeared
in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "K5"
>:

>"Brian Talley" > wrote in message
>> At least Arafat's condition is still stable. Let me know if it changes.

>It changed: he's dead.

....and it's expected to remain stable.

> This month is shaping up pretty good.

Yep.

--

Bob C.

Reply to Bob-Casanova @ worldnet.att.net
(without the spaces, of course)

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"
- Isaac Asimov
Old November 19th 04, 09:37 PM
ccr

"Brian Talley" > wrote in message
> Willy Schneider wrote:
>> Wasn't that much of a majority that you can claim all USAmericans are
>> OK with his style (or lack thereof)...

> At no time did I say all Americans agree with Bush's style.
>
> I said a majority of Americans prefer to have Bush in office
> as President. That President Bush received the largest number
> of votes in US history is telling.

That Bush had the largest number of votes AGAINST him in US history also is
telling. His percentage margin of votes was lowest in history for an
incumbent.

--
Prophetic Words: "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land
will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned

Old November 19th 04, 10:23 PM
Bob Casanova

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:37:42 -0600, the following appeared
in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "ccr"
>:

>"Brian Talley" > wrote in message
>> Willy Schneider wrote:
>>> Wasn't that much of a majority that you can claim all USAmericans are
>>> OK with his style (or lack thereof)...

>> At no time did I say all Americans agree with Bush's style.
>>
>> I said a majority of Americans prefer to have Bush in office
>> as President. That President Bush received the largest number
>> of votes in US history is telling.

>That Bush had the largest number of votes AGAINST him in US history also is
>telling. His percentage margin of votes was lowest in history for an
>incumbent.

Really? I could have sworn that his father's percentage was
lower, as were Carter's and Ford's. And probably numerous
others.

Old November 19th 04, 11:01 PM
Roy

"Bob Casanova" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:37:42 -0600, the following appeared
> in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "ccr"
> >:
>

>>"Brian Talley" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> At no time did I say all Americans agree with Bush's style.
>>>
>>> I said a majority of Americans prefer to have Bush in office
>>> as President. That President Bush received the largest number
>>> of votes in US history is telling.

>>That Bush had the largest number of votes AGAINST him in US history also
>>is
>>telling. His percentage margin of votes was lowest in history for an
>>incumbent.

> Really? I could have sworn that his father's percentage was
> lower, as were Carter's and Ford's. And probably numerous
> others.
>
> --
>
> Bob C.
>
> Reply to Bob-Casanova @ worldnet.att.net
> (without the spaces, of course)
>
> "The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
> the one that heralds new discoveries, is not
> 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"
> - Isaac Asimov

The definition below is from www.dictionary.com. See #3 for his meaning when
he said "lowest in history for an incumbent."
W's father, Carter and Ford, according to www.whitehouse.gov, only served
one term so none of them were incumbents. They may have moved up from being
Vice President to President but that doesn't put them in the same category.
Apparently their low percentage didn't hold up four years later.
in·cum·bent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-kmbnt)
adj.
1.. Imposed as an obligation or duty; obligatory: felt it was
incumbent on us all to help.
2.. Lying, leaning, or resting on something else: incumbent rock
strata.
3.. Currently holding a specified office: the incumbent mayor.

Old November 19th 04, 11:03 PM
Dave Milne

I feel it incumbent on me to point out that this group is about jeeps not
politics.
There, I'm asking nicely.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old November 20th 04, 03:35 AM
SoK66

"Brian" noted:

> However, Bush is also the first one to win a majority of the votes since
> 1988. <

Indeed, Fat Boy Billy Clinton won but 43% of the vote in '92, but the
Democrats would have us believe he won in a landslide. Had Perot not run,
Bush I would have been re-elected easily. Further, Draft-Dodger Billy didn't
even get 50% in '96. The Dem-O-Losers need to get over it, they lost.

> All the statistics like this are pointless; the President has the full
> authority of the office, regardless of how he came to have it.>

Forget it, the tinfoil hat wearing leftist Kool Aid drinkers will try and
convince everyone the election was stolen...

Old November 20th 04, 04:06 AM
Jan Andersson

Same with the aircooled VW group.
Wait, no! It's not about Jeeps! :P

Jan

Old November 20th 04, 04:09 AM
ccr

"Bob Casanova" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:37:42 -0600, the following appeared
> in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "ccr"
> >:
>

>>"Brian Talley" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> At no time did I say all Americans agree with Bush's style.
>>>
>>> I said a majority of Americans prefer to have Bush in office
>>> as President. That President Bush received the largest number
>>> of votes in US history is telling.

>>That Bush had the largest number of votes AGAINST him in US history also
>>is
>>telling. His percentage margin of votes was lowest in history for an
>>incumbent.

> Really? I could have sworn that his father's percentage was
> lower, as were Carter's and Ford's. And probably numerous
> others.

For an incumbent reelected, Bush had the smallest percentage margin of
victory. In other words, he just barely squeaked a win.

Old November 20th 04, 04:16 AM
ccr

No, we liberals will try to assure the rest of the world that only a bare
majority of voters were ignorant enough to choose Bush. A sizable minority
of us are not in the "Stupid Americans" camp. We oppose wars based on lies.
We oppose borrowing trillions and passing that debt onto future generations.
We oppose government pimping for the drug companies and the HMOs and the
Enrons.

Old November 20th 04, 04:35 AM
SoK66

Anoter Tiresome Leftist ****** Spewed:

> For an incumbent reelected, Bush had the smallest percentage margin of
> victory. In other words, he just barely squeaked a win.>

....by 4 million votes!

Of couse, the same tinfoil hat wearing Kool Aid drinker will remind us of Al
Gore's 2000 landlside, by 500,000 (uncertified) votes. Apprently a
Republican vote counts only as a fraction of one cast for a Democrat.