Two Questions...

Old December 1st 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

Default Two Questions...

"Speedy Jim" > schreef in bericht
et...
> bug '59 wrote:
>
>>> Rich gets the prize :-)
>>>
>>> All elements are in parallel, so one burning out has no effect on the
>>> others.
>>>
>>>Jim

>> Oh... OK.
>> But is there any chance they sell the back window new?
>>
>> Roger

> Do you know for sure yours is bad?
>
> Doubt you will find a heated window anywhere.
> There are repair kits (of dubious value) and
> also aftermarket grid kits (effective, but ugly).
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Well, 2 are working the rest is not

I do have a repair kit (some kind of paint that conduct) but then I might
end up painting the 'whole' rear window.
The aftermarked kid you mentioned, is that the one which you stick onto the
window alowing you to see almost nothing through that window? (due to thick
lines)

Is the rear window of the "ultima edition" bigger than the ones from '73 and
up? I sure would like to see those (and other) new parts were built..

Cheers,
Roger

Old December 4th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_1_]

Speedy Jim wrote:
> tricky wrote:
>
>> "Jan" > wrote in message
>> (and about to burn out if you keep using them,
>>
>>> as they are now carrying all the load from the dead ones)
>>>
>>> jan

>> They dont work like that - they carry the same load as they did before
>> the others gave up ! A=V/R
>>
>> Rich
>>

> Rich gets the prize :-)
>
> All elements are in parallel, so one burning out has no effect on
> the others.
>
> Jim

Ahh, my bad.

Just a hasty assumption after observing the remaining lines die
relatively soon after the first ones go. Guess it was time that got them.

Jan
--
--------------------------------
Beer is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on yeast cells
Old December 4th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"bug '59" > wrote in message
. ..
> > Rich gets the prize :-)
> >
> > All elements are in parallel, so one burning out has no effect on

the
> > others.
> >
> > Jim

> Oh... OK.
> But is there any chance they sell the back window new?
>
> Roger

I have one about four years old, it was about £100 over here. Cant remember
where from though...sorry.

James

Old January 27th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leo Yudysky

My back window grids were bad too, looked at them with a good magnifying
glass and they appeared all corroded or vaporized. Could not get any to
conduct with my megohmmeter. I was able to buy a brand new one , think it
was about 300 bucks or so, but I was pleased that it was a perfect
replacement and its great having your defogalator working again. And during
that project I heard that window cleaner with ammonia will damage the grid
lines too. Did buy the paint kit, but it was a joke.
. ..