SAE Grade-8 bolt snapped @135ft/lbs

Old March 11th 05, 12:01 AM

You are kidding, right?

You are tightening bolts, which could be fatal if they break "by feel"
? Why wouldnt you consult a torque spec BEFORE you even torque any of
these bolts?

The next question is: What sort of load is on these bolts? If they
survive your torqueing habbits, will they hold up to the load you are
putting on?

Matt

Old March 11th 05, 02:52 PM
Mike Romain

Good lord, do the other folks that have to fly near him know he has 0
for a clue?

No I take that back. He is a Darwin Award candidate, they have less
than 0 for a clue.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 12th 05, 02:29 PM
Peter D. Hipson

The reply that generated this second half of the thread didn't make it
to my news server, and no one has quoted it... If someone has it could
you please re-post!