Best tires for my '95 Land Cruiser?

Old March 9th 05, 09:29 AM
Jeff Olsen

Default Best tires for my '95 Land Cruiser?

I want good on-road manners, it needs to be GREAT on wet pavement, good on
snow, and as good as possible for icy stuff. Mud is not really a concern.
Brute strength is not particularly relevant but I want a decently strong
sidewall. It'd be nice if they lasted forever and were relatively quiet.

I've used BFG AT's on my Jeep and been happy with them, but I am not sure I
want to go quite that aggressive for this vehicle. It's for camping trips,
family adventures, ski trips, etc. No hardcore wheeling. It may get taken
up to elk camp next year instead of my Jeep (TJ Wrangler) in which case the
ice/snow stuff is extra important. I can chain up if it gets too bad, but
that's a pain. Last year, the MT/R's on my TJ sucked ASS on the gnarly road
up to the trailheads once the snow got packed down and froze/melted a couple
times (did OK clawing through the snow before that though). It was
embarrassing. Guys in dorky SUV's with street tires had it all over me on
the really slick stuff. So anyway, putting a relatively non-aggressive tire
on this Cruiser, my very own dorky SUV, seems like the way to go!

I don't know much about the "sissy" AT's <g>; what are the ones to look at?
It has Michelin AT's of some sort on there that I should get another 10K
miles out of, but I want to start getting this figured out now...

-jeff

Old March 10th 05, 02:10 PM
fanie

I have been very impressed with the performance of the Bridgestone Deuler
AT, I had them in 31x10.5 on my landy. They were pretty good in all
conditions as well as being pretty good in the wet and quite on hte road.
Off road they never let me down, and I did go through some pretty gooey mud
on ocassions, but mostly it was beach driving and mountain roads.

Regards
Stephen

What size tires can/should I get for my 99 Ram 1500 Sport? [email protected] Chrysler 0 February 1st 05 09:11 PM
Bad Tires? tfandango Ford Explorer 8 January 28th 05 05:26 PM
opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM
Should all 4 tires be inflated to the same pressure ? Juan General 7 March 15th 04 03:09 PM