Best F1 simulator for standard laptop

Old August 16th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Best F1 simulator for standard laptop

Hi. I would like to have an F1 racing game. My potential restriction
is that I have a Lenovo Thinkpad R60 with standard Intel graphics
built into the motherboard. It has lots of disk and 1GB memory
however.

I know any game I get won't be able to use all the graphical
capabilities, but could anyone advise on the best one to get to give a
reasonable simulation please?

Thanks, Colin.

Old August 16th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I'm thinking GPL may be your only choice.

-Larry

oups.com...

Old August 16th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
==--==

my thoughts also! GPL

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/GPL/downloads/3239

Cheers

Old August 17th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
DGS

On medium settings rFactor runs good on my laptop with somewhat similar
specs to yours. F1C runs fantastic with pretty high settings, but it
doesn't seem like anybody is making mods for it anymore unfortunately.

oups.com...

Old August 19th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
P Gagg

How are you gonna control the car on a laptop? eg: via keys!

You really need a sim that is capable of being controlled via keyboards,
Geoff Crammonds F1GP (1, 2 and 3) were ok to drive with keys, (but you
had to have steering help on) and cos they are old, they will not be so
resource hungry.

GPL would be ideal but is a nightmare to control via keys!

*Peter*
Old January 11th 20, 06:20 PM
johnsnowkornar johnsnowkornar is offline
Banned

Location: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Gagg View Post
How are you gonna control the car on a laptop? eg: via keys!

You really need a sim that is capable of being controlled by the best ergonomic keyboards,
Geoff Crammonds F1GP (1, 2 and 3) were ok to drive with keys, (but you
had to have steering help on) and cos they are old, they will not be so
resource hungry.

GPL would be ideal but is a nightmare to control via keys!

*Peter*
Does your career revolve around computers and matters keyboard?

Gpl laptop problem Janne Liiman Simulators 2 September 8th 06 03:23 PM
Just got a new laptop and was curious...... gpsman Driving 0 January 4th 06 07:05 AM
GPL on laptop problems Txl Simulators 6 July 28th 05 10:38 AM
The best PC simulator? Diet Rich Simulators 12 May 27th 05 10:02 PM