iPod/MP3 adapter for 92 coupe with Bose System

Old October 26th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Richard Lovdahl

Default iPod/MP3 adapter for 92 coupe with Bose System

I thought I had found a good solution for connecting my iPod to my
Bose audio system. I have tried the cassette adapter and
FM-transmitter adapter route, but found the sound quality poor.
I bought an FM modulator that hooks in-line with the radio antenna and
adds the audio source to an unused FM station position. I figured
that since it was a hard-wired solution, I might get better quality
sound and a neater installation.

Problem: after I removed the lower RH panel to access the radio and
removed the antenna wire, I found that the Bose unit does not use a
standard antenna plug so my $25 solution would not work.

Has anyone else done this? Any adapters that I could use to connect
what I have, or is there another FM modulator that has the same
(smaller) plug that the Bose unit uses?

I like the Bose system and would like to keep my C4 as original as
possible, so opting for a complete audio changeout is not what I'm
looking for.

Rick in Seal Beach
Red 92 Coupe
Old October 29th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
yar

Hello

I live in the UK and sourced an adapter for my Bose system in my C5 from yhe
US, it plugged in the cd socket and worked much better than my alpine unit
which I now have.

I am sure you can find one with a Google search but if not post back and I
will find out where I got mine from.

Old October 31st 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Richard Lovdahl

Thanks for the reply - Yes, there are adapters that connect to the
CD-Changer plug (which doesn't exist on the C4 Bose unit), but I
couldn't use them.

Since my original post, I have found adapters from the GM-OEM plug to
the standard antenna plug, but it is a real pain to access the radio
in order to plug in the new cable. I need smaller fingers ;-)

Rick in Seal Beach
Red 92 Coupe

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:37:16 -0000, "yar" >
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I live in the UK and sourced an adapter for my Bose system in my C5 from yhe
>US, it plugged in the cd socket and worked much better than my alpine unit
>which I now have.
>
>I am sure you can find one with a Google search but if not post back and I
>will find out where I got mine from.

.. .