More transmission questions

Old July 28th 05, 06:03 AM
Spike

Thanks, for the input. From the start, i have been trying to stay
mechanical vs electronic (as with efi type control system).

I haven't settled on any one unit yet. There are some other pressing
issues to take care of first... like get the audio-video system
installed the way I want it. (it all works, it's just the running the
wiring etc.)

I just copied down the info you provided, and it's a case of getting
the pieces parts together no matter which way I go. I'd just like to
have it done before I drive back east. Around town I can live with....
for now.... : )

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:04:36 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>"Spike" > wrote
>> There's more than one version of AODE. There's also the straight AOD.
>> Since I'm sticking with the carb (for now) I have not researched all
>> the ins and outs. I'm just looking at a straight AOD.

>The best/easy OD AT for what you're doing is the AOD with the 2" OD band
>from the AODE and the hardened gearset from the 4R70W; the gearset put
>behind the 5.4L trucks (Lightnings).
>
>For the best/strength OD AT setup, I'd go with an AODE with the 2" OD band
>and the hardened gearset from the 4R70W; giving a lower first and second
>gear ratio to help initial acceleration. You'd need a transmission control
>system such as the Baumannator TCS, to control the tranny though. You can
>get one here.
>http://www.becontrols.com/products/tcs.htm

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address