Bose Rebuilt Speakers

Old November 4th 04, 08:36 PM
Brian F

Default Bose Rebuilt Speakers

A couple of months ago I lamented the demise of the Bose speakers in my '88
convertible (with 18k miles). After a $1400 quote from the dealer to repair
all four enclosures I was ready to replace the entire system. Before doing
that, I contacted Bose directly via email and got a reply the next day.
They acknowledged that Bose systems from that era contained some dubious
quality components. They sent me an RGA, under which I returned all four
enclosures. Two weeks later, my enclosures were back with all new speakers
and amplifiers. The charge was $75 per enclosure, or $300 total (plus my
shipping to Bose). The system once again knocks my socks off.

I did have to remove and reinstall the enclosures, but it was worth the
effort. The rear enclosures pop out in about ten minutes each. Pulling the
front enclosures out of the doors is a bit trickier. It takes about 45
minutes per enclosure, once you know what you are doing.

FYI. Dealing with Bose was a pleasure and well worth the effort.

Rear amped speakers vitonxl Audi 1 October 17th 04 08:38 PM
Bose Replacement Suggestions. Brian Fatzinger Corvette 4 September 12th 04 05:09 AM
Do I need to change the speakers in my 04 ,when installing a new radio ? I was thinking about puting in The eclipse navigation/dvd/cd/radio all in one unit but wanted to leave the bose speakers in Tommy* Corvette 2 August 25th 04 09:29 PM
TECH HELP:1986 Vette convertible-no sound from Bose speakers... John K. Bystrek Corvette 2 August 20th 04 05:32 AM