Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

Old October 22nd 08, 02:35 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Bob Jones

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "L Alpert" > wrote:
>
>> > it's not electronic assist, it's electronic control. different things.
>> > the actuators are still hydraulic.

>> Symantics.

> no, Symantec is a company.
>
> What you meant was "semantics".

Haha. Hylarious.

Old October 22nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
jim beam

L Alpert wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
> t...
>> L Alpert wrote:

>>> Why change the subject and assume that I used some type of shortcut and
>>> that is why I had no issues with non-Honda ATF?

>> i'm not changing the subject. and drain-and-fill is honda factory
>> procedure. if you do that, you'll only change 30-odd percent of the fluid
>> each time. hence you may not have "contaminated" the fluid sufficiently
>> to have an adverse effect.
>>

>>> Maybe it might have something to do with the mileage on the transmission
>>> and the year of the car itself. As you stated, the '01 Accord EX tranny
>>> has electronic means to assist

>> it's not electronic assist, it's electronic control. different things.
>> the actuators are still hydraulic.

> Symantics.

no, control and assistance are very different things. the vacuum servo
on your brakes assists, your foot controls.

>>> in the shifting, and I'm sure my '04 Accord EX and '02 Civic EX would
>>> have the same or similar hardware. As well, none of them have over 80k
>>> miles on them, and I have had no issues with any of them shifting.

>> at only 80k miles, you shouldn't be changing the fluid anyway!
>>

>>> As far as the older Honda's I have owned over the years, they have not
>>> had automatic transmissions.
>>>
>>> As for as an "investment" in a position, that in itself is another matter
>>> of opinion. It is a shame that you have to feel as if any position has
>>> to be some sort of an investment as opposed to an open exchange of ideas.

>> someone is "invested" in their position is they stick to it, regardless of
>> contrary fact. you are indeed invested.

> It is obvious that your prejudices and your afinity to be right no matter
> what has affected your abilities to have any useful discussions.

eh? i'm seeking the facts - that's not a "prejudice" thing. i'd love
to use cheapo after-market atf on my honda, but experience has taught me
that it gives inferior results - for the reasons explained above so many
times.

> As such, I
> refuse to continue this discussion to the point that it degenerates into a
> typical usenet flamewar that will eventually have Godwin's law apply.
>
> Let's just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that. If you chose to
> continue the conversation, you may do so with yourself.

i don't see how you can reasonably object to getting facts straight
unless you're either somehow emotionally invested in something that's
not a fact or you think i'm bull****ting you.

Old October 22nd 08, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
L Alpert[_1_]

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "L Alpert" > wrote:
>
>> > it's not electronic assist, it's electronic control. different things.
>> > the actuators are still hydraulic.

>> Symantics.

> no, Symantec is a company.
>
> What you meant was "semantics".

I stand corrected. I must have had something else on my mind...!

Old October 22nd 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Retired VIP[_2_]

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:47:59 -0400, "L Alpert" >
wrote:

>"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

>>> Symantics.

>> no, Symantec is a company.
>>
>> What you meant was "semantics".

>I stand corrected. I must have had something else on my mind...!

hehehehe

maybe he has a virus!

hehehehe
Old October 26th 08, 06:25 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
VideoVic46

Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your
vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly
don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.

I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I
noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated
particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace the blades every 18
months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new
one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.

Vic

Old October 26th 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:25:05 -0500, "VideoVic46" >
wrote:

>Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your
>vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly
>don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.
>
>I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I
>noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated
>particles embedded in the old blades.

Um, Oooooooops! There's a reason for the annual changes...

> So, now I replace the blades every 18
>months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new
>one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.

Get some glass buffing compound and you might be able to polish
those scratches out. It's made of Cerium Oxide or some really fine
abrasive in a carrier paste, and you use a powered pad buffer and a
brand new pad.

It's probably cheaper to buy the buffer and the compound once (and
stop following gravel trucks that close!) than to pay a lot more every
year for low-deductible glass coverage on your car insurance.

--<< Bruce >>--

Old October 27th 08, 12:41 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Retired VIP[_2_]

A good reason to clean your wiper blades when you wash the car. You
do wash the car don't you? hehehhe

Jack

wrote:

>Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your
>vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly
>don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.
>
>I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I
>noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated
>particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace the blades every 18
>months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new
>one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.
>
>Vic

.. .

Old October 27th 08, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

"VideoVic46" > wrote:

>Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun.

Which blades that are silicone based are worth buying?
Old October 28th 08, 05:45 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Grumpy AuContraire

VideoVic46 wrote:

> Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your
> vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly
> don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.
>
> I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I
> noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated
> particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace the blades every 18
> months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new
> one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.
>
> Vic

You must live in east TX as we have barely received 12" in Austin this
year. <g>

That said, I too find that frequent replacements the best solution. And
even when they have hardly been used, replace 'em on time anyway.

That goes for my Hondas and ancient Studebakers equally.

JT

Old October 29th 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> VideoVic46 wrote:
>
>> Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun.
>> Your vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you
>> certainly don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.
>>
>> I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until
>> I noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by
>> accumulated particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace
>> the blades every 18 months, and hope something breaks the windshield
>> to justify getting a new one without the micro streaks, which are
>> obtrusive driving at night.
>>
>> Vic
>>

> You must live in east TX as we have barely received 12" in Austin this
> year. <g>
>
> That said, I too find that frequent replacements the best solution. And
> even when they have hardly been used, replace 'em on time anyway.
>
> That goes for my Hondas and ancient Studebakers equally.
>
> JT

hey JT, have you found an acceptable replacement for the 12" blades on
the earlier cars? Besides the expen$ive Corvette repro rubber that is.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy [email protected] Technology 108 October 29th 08 03:36 AM
Wiper Blades Scott Dorsey Technology 2 August 11th 08 09:16 PM
Wiper blades Terry Driving 12 October 10th 06 12:09 AM
73 wiper blades? LeRoy Prosic VW air cooled 1 April 19th 06 01:36 PM
Wiper Blades Gary Mazda 16 January 14th 05 10:48 PM