85 vette

Old April 18th 07, 12:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart[_1_]

Default 85 vette.....and more.....

>> Current Special on 84-89 Corvette Dash Clusters: rebuild your Corvette
>> Dash Cluster for $245.00. If you have a bad power supply there is a
>> $100.00 fee for replacing the power supply. Most dash clusters do not
>> require a new power supply, however some dash clusters do.
>>
>> http://www.tabercorvetteparts.com/parts/clusters.html
>>
>> g'day
>> --
>> "Key"

> Yes, as I mentioned they can be repaired....> apparently i never
> bookmarked it....i did bookmark the link you have though...
>
> Thanks..
>
> Fwed

Want to get fancy ? AND spend some $$

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd190.htm

kickstart

Old April 18th 07, 02:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Redbull

Before you spend money on a cluster repair..CHECK ALL THE GROUND WIRES..turn
on all the lights and accessories..let the car idle..if the lights brighten
up when you race the engine there is a good chance there is a bad ground
connection some where..ground connections are always a big problem on
plastic cars like the Vette.

The C-4 cluster is of course another GM engineering disaster of biblical
proportions..almost as bad as the Chassis shake and the optispark mess. How
GM can even continue in the car business is a wonder...just check the
Corvette book for C-4 recall info..over 13 pages of recalls with about 25
items per page. ( Do the math )...???

Old April 18th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"fweddybear" > wrote in message

> "'Key" > wrote in message
> news
>> "fweddybear" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "'Key" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> I've had it checked by my mechanic....there is a fuse
>>> he pulled for the cluster that indicated no more
>>> short....after that, I started poking around the
>>> internet about cluster repair and found a site from a
>>> lace in bristol ct that has them... They are too bad as
>>> far as price, and you can replace them yourself fairly
>>> easily (without having to take the dash apart)
>>>
>>> Fwed

>> You can have them repaired.
>>
>> Taber Corvette Parts
>> 421 Outer S. State St.
>> Chandler, IN 47610
>> 1-877-349-2838
>>
>> Current Special on 84-89 Corvette Dash Clusters: rebuild
>> your Corvette Dash Cluster for $245.00. If you have a bad
>> power supply there is a $100.00 fee for replacing the
>> power supply. Most dash clusters do not require a new
>> power supply, however some dash clusters do.
>>
>> http://www.tabercorvetteparts.com/parts/clusters.html
>>
>> g'day
>> --
>> "Key"

> Yes, as I mentioned they can be repaired.... I don't
> really drive the car...and I have other priorities at the
> moment, so its pretty much last on the list... i have the
> battery cable disconnected and when I use it, i connect it
> then...The place in bristol ct is right down the road from
> me... well about half hour away....geez.. i thought i had
> a link to them, but apparently i never bookmarked it....i
> did bookmark the link you have though...
>
> Thanks..
>
> Fwed

g'luck to ya..

--
"Key"
=====

Old April 18th 07, 05:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"'Key" > wrote in message
. ..

>> Yes, as I mentioned they can be repaired.... I don't really
>> drive the car...and I have other priorities at the moment, so its
>> pretty much last on the list... i have the battery cable
>> disconnected and when I use it, i connect it then...The place in
>> bristol ct is right down the road from me... well about half hour
>> away....geez.. i thought i had a link to them, but apparently i
>> never bookmarked it....i did bookmark the link you have though...
>>
>> Thanks..
>>
>> Fwed

> g'luck to ya..
>
> --
> "Key"
> =====

Try http://www.corvettemagazine.com/1999...ash/dashp1.asp and
maybe DIY.

Old April 18th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
fweddybear

"Kickstart" > wrote in message

>>> Current Special on 84-89 Corvette Dash Clusters: rebuild your Corvette
>>> Dash Cluster for $245.00. If you have a bad power supply there is a
>>> $100.00 fee for replacing the power supply. Most dash clusters do not
>>> require a new power supply, however some dash clusters do.
>>>
>>> http://www.tabercorvetteparts.com/parts/clusters.html
>>>
>>> g'day
>>> --
>>> "Key"

>> Yes, as I mentioned they can be repaired....> apparently i never
>> bookmarked it....i did bookmark the link you have though...
>>
>> Thanks..
>>
>> Fwed

> Want to get fancy ? AND spend some $$
>
> http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd190.htm
>
> kickstart

Ouch....

Fwed

Old April 18th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default 85 vette.....42V C7?

hmmmmmm wrote:
> sounds like a newer corvette is needed!.
>
> if not, then a complete body-off restoration SHOULD
> get rid of the problem....
>
> :-P
>
> or just do what the other guy reckon's...
>
> p.s. is the new C7 "really" moving to a 42volts setup???
>
> =====snip =======

Just opinion:

Corvette's ratio of cranking load to steady-state load doesn't rate
making the move.

My guess is that you'll first see it on a large sedan or truck. Hummer
would make the most sense ... infant mortality problems would be less
damaging to the Hummer marque than to the 'vette. (Oldsmobile isn't
available to support 'beta test' of 42V).

Drivers:
1 - Allison/Daimler-Benz transmission.
2 - e-turbodiesel powerplant.
3 - Some ungodly government decree on gas mileage.

--
PJ
Old April 19th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> Try
> http://www.corvettemagazine.com/1999...ash/dashp1.asp
> and maybe DIY.

Good to know info..
Thanks
--
"Key"
=====

Old April 20th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Ignore Pinkcow, he just gets cranky cause the wife won't let him around
the vette cause he's such a dufus.

69 vette John Moore Corvette 6 May 6th 06 07:51 AM
New 06 C6 Vette xblazinlv Corvette 0 December 23rd 05 09:28 AM
89 vette H ZARATE Corvette 7 August 16th 05 01:14 AM
FS: 75 Vette Dave Corvette 1 June 15th 05 04:53 PM
First Vette JG Corvette 0 April 3rd 05 02:41 PM