Long-awaited electric sports car rolls out

Old May 5th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Default Long-awaited electric sports car rolls out

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/e....ap/index.html

Old May 6th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill[_12_]

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 May 2008 08:11:50 +0000, Alexander Rogge
> > wrote:
>
>>http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/e....ap/index.html
>>
>>> The car goes from 0 to 60 mph in just under four seconds and tops

>>out at 125 mph. It goes 225 miles on one charge and can be fully
>>recharged in 3½ hours

> Sounds like the ideal commuter car. However, for the same price, I
> could buy myself a ZR-1. Guess which one I'm choosing?
>
> Let me know when the price drops by 2/3.
> --
> Proud to be a wreckless driver.

<shaking head that there are still people out there buying GM's crap>

- B

Old May 6th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-05-06, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> #1 It's orders of magnitude better than Ford's crap.

Not general product line to general product line. The corvette is an
exception to the GM rule and you know it.

> #2 Show me a Japanese car with 400 HP that sells for the Corvette's
> base price. Or a German car with 638 HP that will cost me less than a
> ZR-1.

I encountered an asshat in GT500 sunday... too bad the battries had gone
dead in the camera. Guy couldn't drive it.

Old May 7th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-05-07, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Tue, 06 May 2008 11:19:51 -0500, Brent P
> wrote:
>
>>On 2008-05-06, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>>
>>> #1 It's orders of magnitude better than Ford's crap.

>>Not general product line to general product line. The corvette is an
>>exception to the GM rule and you know it.
>>
>>> #2 Show me a Japanese car with 400 HP that sells for the Corvette's
>>> base price. Or a German car with 638 HP that will cost me less than a
>>> ZR-1.

>>I encountered an asshat in GT500 sunday... too bad the battries had gone
>>dead in the camera. Guy couldn't drive it.

> Invest in a cigarette lighter power cord.

It's not a 12V camera. It runs on 3V DC. I don't feel like making a
transformer for it.

Old May 7th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On May 6, 10:05*pm, Brent P >
wrote:
> On 2008-05-07, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 06 May 2008 11:19:51 -0500, Brent P
> > wrote:

> >>Not general product line to general product line. The corvette is an
> >>exception to the GM rule and you know it.

> >>I encountered an asshat in GT500 sunday... too bad the battries had gone
> >>dead in the camera. Guy couldn't drive it.

> > Invest in a cigarette lighter power cord.

> It's not a 12V camera. It runs on 3V DC. I don't feel like making a
> transformer for it.- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure a store which sells your model of camera would have an
adapter available for use in a cigarette lighter. I was able to get
one for mine. It shouldn't burn you for more than $20.
Old May 7th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-05-07, MLOM > wrote:
> On May 6, 10:05*pm, Brent P >
> wrote:
>> On 2008-05-07, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

>> > Invest in a cigarette lighter power cord.

>> It's not a 12V camera. It runs on 3V DC. I don't feel like making a
>> transformer for it.- Hide quoted text -

> I'm sure a store which sells your model of camera would have an
> adapter available for use in a cigarette lighter. I was able to get
> one for mine. It shouldn't burn you for more than $20.

The camera was a cheap one I got on amazon. It doesn't have a power
jack. To power it from the car I would have to make it. It's not that
difficult of a project, but the rechargable batteries have worked for
the most part. It just seems when I lose track of replacing them and
they go dead that's when something happens. Same with when the memory
fills up or I forget to bring it.

Although those u-tube videos scott linked the other day have a lot of
stuff I don't even consider worth saving.

Old May 7th 08, 10:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Brent P wrote:

> SoCal > wrote:
> >Brent P wrote:

> >>Not general product line to general product line. The corvette is an
> >>exception to the GM rule and you know it.

> >>I encountered an asshat in GT500 sunday... too bad the battries had gone
> >>dead in the camera. Guy couldn't drive it.

> > Invest in a cigarette lighter power cord.

> It's not a 12V camera. It runs on 3V DC. I don't feel like making a
> transformer for it.

Transformers don't work on DC anyway !

Graham

Old May 7th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-05-07, Eeyore > wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>
>> SoCal > wrote:

>> > Invest in a cigarette lighter power cord.

>> It's not a 12V camera. It runs on 3V DC. I don't feel like making a
>> transformer for it.

> Transformers don't work on DC anyway !

Shove your semantic nit-pick up your ass. Transformer and converter are
often used interchangeably.

So much so... that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converter
""voltage converter", another name for electromagnetic transformer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_converter
"A voltage converter or a power supply may be called a "transformer"
even if it does not contain an actual transformer as the term is used in
electronics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer
http://www.thomasnet.com/products/tr...7060307-1.html
http://www.powerdesigners.com/InfoWe...converter.shtm

Old May 7th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Alexander Rogge > wrote in
:

> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/03/e....ap/index.html
>
>> The car goes from 0 to 60 mph in just under four seconds and tops out
>> at 125 mph. It goes 225 miles on one charge and can be fully
>> recharged in 3½ hours, which Tesla officials say should allow most
>> people to drive it to work and back and recharge it at night like a
>> cell phone.

Isn't that insane? To save gas we need cars with a top speed of 60 mph and
only capable of modest acceleration.
Old May 8th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Scott in SoCal wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:

> >> Transformers don't work on DC anyway !

> >Shove your semantic nit-pick up your ass. Transformer and converter are
> >often used interchangeably.
> >
> >So much so... that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converter
> >""voltage converter", another name for electromagnetic transformer"
> >
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_converter
> >"A voltage converter or a power supply may be called a "transformer"
> >even if it does not contain an actual transformer as the term is used in
> >electronics."

> Looks like Brent has more electronics knowledge than meets the eye.

Shame he doesn't use it then !

The idea that a 'transformer' can be used on DC is total ****wittery. But then
again we westerners don't give a **** for real knowledge, education or skill any
more. This is why the Asians are taking over world manufacturing of course as we
dumb ourselves down into some form of ignorant bliss.

Graham