2001 A4 Q. 2.8 jolting back and forth and engine light is on.

Old July 21st 07, 03:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
greeni69

Default 2001 A4 Q. 2.8 jolting back and forth and engine light is on.

Hey there,
My car while I'm driving will all the sudden start to jolt (kind of the
way it does when you just start to learn how to drive a stick) and
sometimes the battery light will come on when it does it too and when it
does, it's almost like my car shuts down. Also my engine light is
on...What is the deal? And if I need one of those code readers, where do
I get one?
Thanks,
greeni69

Old July 21st 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:01:37 -0400, "greeni69" > wrote:

>Hey there,
> My car while I'm driving will all the sudden start to jolt (kind of the
>way it does when you just start to learn how to drive a stick) and
>sometimes the battery light will come on when it does it too and when it
>does, it's almost like my car shuts down. Also my engine light is
>on...What is the deal? And if I need one of those code readers, where do
>I get one?
> Thanks,
> greeni69

Get the ECU codes dumped first. If you're near an AutoZone I believe they'll
do it for free, otherwise find a friend with a reader or end up at the dealer.

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old July 21st 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony

Did the engine light come on at the start of this behavior or was it on for
while before that? It makes a difference (this jolting could be a second
order effect to some other problem)

lkaboutautos.com...