Hatchback

Old April 25th 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Hatchback

I just acquired my first Corvette. It's an even cooler ride than I'd
imagined. I can't wait till it's fully broken in. In the meantime I
have to think about mundane stuff like loading my hatchback with
groceries. There's plenty of room, but I wonder how I'll keep the bags
stowed so that nothing will spill on the carpet. I did some googling
around and there's something called a "cargo grocery bag holder"; but
despite the numerous hits, there's not a single picture I could find.
Is this the accessory I need? Sorry if it sounds ignorant; I didn't
need anything like that in my previous cars.

Old April 25th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"WayneC" > wrote in message
>> I just acquired my first Corvette. It's an even cooler ride than
>> I'd
>> imagined. I can't wait till it's fully broken in. In the meantime I
>> have to think about mundane stuff like loading my hatchback with
>> groceries. There's plenty of room, but I wonder how I'll keep the
>> bags
>> stowed so that nothing will spill on the carpet. I did some
>> googling
>> around and there's something called a "cargo grocery bag holder";
>> but
>> despite the numerous hits, there's not a single picture I could
>> find.
>> Is this the accessory I need? Sorry if it sounds ignorant; I didn't
>> need anything like that in my previous cars.
>>

> On all my everyday cars I use pliable plastic boxes in the trunk...
> keeps stuff from rolling around. Anything from a cat litter box
> to a garage storage box (with a separate lid) can be used, just
> measure
> to see how much room there is and look for something that'll fit
> (and large enough to hold your normal grocery purchases), at the
> local hardware or home improvement store, in a complementary color.
> Taller sides are probably best for grocery bags. I haven't done
> this,
> but if you glue a piece of rug or a furniture leg "comb" at each
> corner,
> the box won't slide around, either.

The last 3 I bought had a restraining net in the hatch area for that
reason. There has been a hatchback Corvette around since 1982 and if
you're "breaking in" one of those it doesn't have a net.

Old April 25th 07, 05:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I just acquired my first Corvette. It's an even cooler ride
>than I'd
> imagined. I can't wait till it's fully broken in. In the
> meantime I
> have to think about mundane stuff like loading my
> hatchback with
> groceries. There's plenty of room, but I wonder how I'll
> keep the bags
> stowed so that nothing will spill on the carpet. I did
> some googling
> around and there's something called a "cargo grocery bag
> holder"; but
> despite the numerous hits, there's not a single picture I
> could find.
> Is this the accessory I need? Sorry if it sounds ignorant;
> I didn't
> need anything like that in my previous cars.

what year is your vette?

--
"Key"
=====

Old April 25th 07, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Just go to Harbor Freight and find a "cargo net" of the size you need. I'm
not sure, but Wal-Mart, Sears, and other stores may carry cargo nets also.

"'Key" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>I just acquired my first Corvette. It's an even cooler ride than I'd
>> imagined. I can't wait till it's fully broken in. In the meantime I
>> have to think about mundane stuff like loading my hatchback with
>> groceries. There's plenty of room, but I wonder how I'll keep the bags
>> stowed so that nothing will spill on the carpet. I did some googling
>> around and there's something called a "cargo grocery bag holder"; but
>> despite the numerous hits, there's not a single picture I could find.
>> Is this the accessory I need? Sorry if it sounds ignorant; I didn't
>> need anything like that in my previous cars.

> what year is your vette?
>
> --
> "Key"
> =====

VW Golf Trunk/hatchback size jordan88 VW water cooled 10 January 24th 07 04:45 PM
91 Honda Civic Hatchback [email protected] Honda 6 October 28th 06 02:10 AM
92 honda dx hatchback front bearings Leo Honda 1 August 6th 06 11:58 PM
'85 Accord, Hatchback NewsGroup Honda 2 March 22nd 06 05:11 PM
Hatchback alarm sensor grinder BMW 0 October 19th 05 04:34 PM