1st Gen (1988) Legend radius arm & bushings

Old July 24th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura,rec.autos.makers.honda
Ryan Biggs

Default 1st Gen (1988) Legend radius arm & bushings

Hello all,

I'm replacing the radius rod bushings (among other things) on my 1988
Legend 5spd coupe. I've noticed the rods both have a slight bend in
them, symmetric on both sides of the car. Is this normal, or should
they be replaced?

Also, the new bushings I got from the dealer are fairly different from
the originals - they are shaped differently and each "half" of the
bushing is only one piece, not two like the old ones and the depiction
in the shop manual. The diameters seem right at least. Does anyone
know if this is an OEM redesign of the bushing?

Thanks much,
Ryan
Old July 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.acura,rec.autos.makers.honda
Acura God

"Ryan Biggs" > wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I'm replacing the radius rod bushings (among other things) on my 1988
> Legend 5spd coupe. I've noticed the rods both have a slight bend in
> them, symmetric on both sides of the car. Is this normal, or should
> they be replaced?
>
> Also, the new bushings I got from the dealer are fairly different from
> the originals - they are shaped differently and each "half" of the
> bushing is only one piece, not two like the old ones and the depiction
> in the shop manual. The diameters seem right at least. Does anyone
> know if this is an OEM redesign of the bushing?
>
> Thanks much,
> Ryan

Yes the bends are normal and those bushings are a bear to replace. I usually
end up replacing the whole rod.

David Short
Acura God