2000 Accord SRS light

Old February 17th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2000 Accord SRS light

The SRS light in my 2000 Accord SE (4-cyl auto., 58000 miles) came on,
and I reset it. It was OK for a couple of months, but it came on again when
someone sat in the passenger seat. Is there a sensor in the seat that can be
replaced easily?
Thanks, Tom.

Old February 17th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 2/16/06 8:03 PM, in article ,
" > wrote:

> The SRS light in my 2000 Accord SE (4-cyl auto., 58000 miles) came on,
> and I reset it. It was OK for a couple of months, but it came on again when
> someone sat in the passenger seat. Is there a sensor in the seat that can be
> replaced easily?
> Thanks, Tom.

There is a sensor in the seat that triggers the light when the passenger
leans towards the door such that the air bag would injure him/her if it were
to go off. It might be working correctly if it goes off when the passenger
moves away from the door. If not, the sensor is in the seat back. Easy
replacement if you happen to be an experienced upholsterer, otherwise,
probably not so easy.

Old February 17th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote in message
: The SRS light in my 2000 Accord SE (4-cyl auto., 58000 miles) came on,
: and I reset it. It was OK for a couple of months, but it came on again
when
: someone sat in the passenger seat. Is there a sensor in the seat that can
be
: replaced easily?
: Thanks, Tom.
:
When the SRS light in my 2000 SE came on, it turned out to be a problem with
the seat belt latch. There was a recall -- you should have gotten the
notice. Maybe your situation is the result of a different problem, but it
might be worth getting the code read by a dealer. The seat belts are covered
under warranty "for the useful life of the vehicle," according to the
warranty booklet.

Paul

OEM Honda Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 January 29th 06 06:24 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 02:43 PM
"Check engine" (malfunction) light in 2000 Odyssey LX 2000OdysseyLX Honda 10 December 26th 04 11:10 PM
94 Accord ABS Light Comes ON Motz Honda 1 October 26th 04 01:28 AM