VW City Golf or Toyota Matrix?

Old November 15th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Brian Running[_1_]

Default VW City Golf or Toyota Matrix?

> My mechanic laughs when someone says VW. His intuition is spooky, so when he
> laughs, I trust him.

Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?
Old November 15th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Brian Running[_1_]

> Opinions, please!

Hard to beat the reliability of a Toyota, hard to beat the feel and fun
of a VW. If I were considering the two you mentioned, I'd also be
looking at the Scion xB.
Old November 15th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
JoeSpareBedroom

"Brian Running" > wrote in message
t...
>> My mechanic laughs when someone says VW. His intuition is spooky, so when
>> he laughs, I trust him.

> Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?

I've never heard of you, your law practice or your bass playing. You must be
thinking of someone else.

Old November 15th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
B A R R Y

WT wrote:

> Opinions, please!

How did they compare when you test drove them?
Old November 15th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Built_Well

Would you believe in Columbia, Missouri, a good-sized city of
roughly 100,000 people, there is not a single VW dealership.
Everybody's here--Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Caddy, Hyundai,
even Kia--but not Volkswagon.

Old November 15th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
JoeSpareBedroom

"Built_Well" > wrote in message
.. .

> Would you believe in Columbia, Missouri, a good-sized city of
> roughly 100,000 people, there is not a single VW dealership.
> Everybody's here--Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Caddy, Hyundai,
> even Kia--but not Volkswagon.

Sounds like you need a lot more flaky women between the ages of 18 and 23.
From observing VWs, that seems to be 99% of the target customers.

Old November 15th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Built_Well

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> Built_Well wrote:
>
>> Would you believe in Columbia, Missouri, a good-sized city of
>> roughly 100,000 people, there is not a single VW dealership.
>> Everybody's here--Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Caddy, Hyundai,
>> even Kia--but not Volkswagon.
>>

> Sounds like you need a lot more flaky women between the ages of 18 and 23.
> From observing VWs, that seems to be 99% of the target customers.

=====

Would you believe the nearest Volkswagon dealership is 100 miles away
in St. Louis. I can understand Lexus being 100 miles away, but not
VW.

Old November 15th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
B A R R Y

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Sounds like you need a lot more flaky women between the ages of 18 and 23.
> From observing VWs, that seems to be 99% of the target customers.

They'll be the ones passing in the breakdown lane @ 70 MPH, while never
missing a word on the cell. <G>
Old November 15th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
JoeSpareBedroom

"B A R R Y" > wrote in message
m...
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like you need a lot more flaky women between the ages of 18 and
>> 23. From observing VWs, that seems to be 99% of the target customers.

> They'll be the ones passing in the breakdown lane @ 70 MPH, while never
> missing a word on the cell. <G>

......while putting on lip gloss.