97 XLT Parking Brake Light

Old February 12th 05, 03:23 PM
Pat

Default 97 XLT Parking Brake Light

Just had my brakes redone (front/rear pads, rear calipers) about a week
ago. On my way home last night the parking brake started flashing
intermittently. Today it's on all the time. Have tried
activating/releasing parking brake a number of times to no avail.

Any thoughts, is this an indication on another brake problem, like master
cylinder or air in the fluid ?

Thanks.

Old February 13th 05, 04:37 PM
Fred 2

That light is actually called a "brake system warning light" and is
not just for parking brakes. it also warns for low brake fluid level
in the master cylinder. There is a brake fluid level switch that is
mounted to the master cylinder and is tied to the brake light.

Old March 5th 05, 06:22 PM
Pat

Thanks. Turns out when they did the brakes they did not seat the
compression nuts fully and I had brake fluid leaking from one of the back
wheels.

Pat