1600 engine survey

Old October 26th 04, 03:48 AM
azazel scratch

Default 1600 engine survey

I have to conduct a poll for a philosophy class. My poll is whether or
not a VW Bug 1600 engine leaks oil. My 1600 on my 1971 Super Beetle
leaked oil and my 1600 on my 1974 Super Beetle leaks oil. If you have a
1600 engine on your bug could you e-mail me the year of your car and
whether or not your engine leaks oil in any amount. Even a drip.

Thanks in advance

Old October 26th 04, 04:39 AM
JOHN KUSTERBECK

1974 Super Beetle
YEP

John

Old October 26th 04, 05:20 AM
Kafertoys

>My poll is whether or
>> not a VW Bug 1600 engine leaks oil. My 1600 on my 1971 Super Beetle
>> leaked oil and my 1600 on my 1974 Super Beetle leaks oil. If you have a
>> 1600 engine on your bug could you e-mail me the year of your car and
>> whether or not your engine leaks oil in any amount. Even a drip.
>>
>> Thanks in advance

If its not leaking you better check to see if you have any oil in it....lol

Mario
Old October 26th 04, 07:03 AM
jjs

"azazel scratch" > wrote in message
>I have to conduct a poll for a philosophy class. My poll is whether or
> not a VW Bug 1600 engine leaks oil.

Philosophy has come to this?

Old October 26th 04, 04:04 PM
Anthony

azazel scratch > wrote in message >...
> I have to conduct a poll for a philosophy class. My poll is whether or
> not a VW Bug 1600 engine leaks oil. My 1600 on my 1971 Super Beetle
> leaked oil and my 1600 on my 1974 Super Beetle leaks oil. If you have a
> 1600 engine on your bug could you e-mail me the year of your car and
> whether or not your engine leaks oil in any amount. Even a drip.
>
> Thanks in advance

My parking spot is well marked. In the rear of the spot....while all
the other spots have marks in the front. Haha...

~Anthony
Old October 26th 04, 09:22 PM
bug '59

It's not leaking but it's marking it's territory :-P

Roger

"Anthony" > schreef in bericht
om...

Old October 26th 04, 09:50 PM
vwluvrs

azazel scratch wrote:

> I have to conduct a poll for a philosophy class. My poll is whether or
> not a VW Bug 1600 engine leaks oil. My 1600 on my 1971 Super Beetle
> leaked oil and my 1600 on my 1974 Super Beetle leaks oil. If you have a
> 1600 engine on your bug could you e-mail me the year of your car and
> whether or not your engine leaks oil in any amount. Even a drip.
>
> Thanks in advance

yes, i971 Standard Beetle
Old October 26th 04, 10:27 PM
Jim

On 26-Oct-2004, "jjs" > wrote:

> Philosophy has come to this?

Actually the class project is to find out what kind of people would respond.
It has nothing to do with whether your 1600's leaks oil or not. (Since
everyone knows that they of course leak oil. ("even a drop" per his
request.)

Jim
SR

Old October 26th 04, 10:39 PM
Dennis Wik

How would you know what kind of people have responded? VW owner's?

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old October 27th 04, 12:43 AM
Masqqqqqqq

No engine I rebuild leaks oil. Dry. Period.
The secret? a light workout with a long file on the 2 engine block halves
before putting them together.........and a thin coat of Yamabond to the 2
halves.
Of course, I've only rebuilt 3 engines, in the middle of the 4th right now.
I'll let you know how my record is by springtime.