what to do with switchblade key from stolen Audi

Old December 21st 07, 12:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

Default what to do with switchblade key from stolen Audi

My 98.5 Audi that was stolen Dec. 8 still hasn't been recovered, and
prospects look dim. I've got an extra switchblade key for this car;
is there any market value to it? It's not a blank.
Old December 21st 07, 12:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Boosted_A4[_4_]

i would check with the dealer

--
Boosted_A4
Boosted_A4's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=1517

Old December 21st 07, 12:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Sorry about your loss.
Hold out a little while longer before you start selling off "parts" of the
car.

Probably when you sell your extra key, or keys since the thief should not
have one, the car will be recovered.

ebay is an option and some sell for $6 while others for up to $36. AND post
the numbers off the inside of the remote.
I am looking for another switchblade, but don't really need one since I have
two types of remotes for my A4. <g>
--
later,
dave

Old December 21st 07, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Me[_10_]

"KLS" > wrote in message
> My 98.5 Audi that was stolen Dec. 8 still hasn't been recovered, and
> prospects look dim. I've got an extra switchblade key for this car;
> is there any market value to it? It's not a blank.

i would keep it a while..........if car is located but key is missing then
you will need it.

Old December 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:46:54 -0600, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

>Sorry about your loss.
>Hold out a little while longer before you start selling off "parts" of the
>car.

Effective tomorrow, my insurance company considers the car stolen and
will be sending me a check in exchange for the title.

>Probably when you sell your extra key, or keys since the thief should not
>have one, the car will be recovered.

No, the thief DOES have the key, hence why I think the car has not
been recovered and will not be. One colleague of mine says it's in
Bulgaria now.

>ebay is an option and some sell for $6 while others for up to $36. AND post
>the numbers off the inside of the remote.
>I am looking for another switchblade, but don't really need one since I have
>two types of remotes for my A4. <g>

Thanks for these ideas; I think I'll post them cheap there as well as
here in case someone else on the group can use them.
Old December 22nd 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Hooch

On Dec 21, 11:19*pm, KLS > wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:46:54 -0600, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
>
> > wrote:
> >Sorry about your loss.
> >Hold out a little while longer before you start selling off "parts" of the
> >car.

> Effective tomorrow, my insurance company considers the car stolen and
> will be sending me a check in exchange for the title.
>
> >Probably when you sell your extra key, or keys since the thief should not
> >have one, the car will be recovered.

> No, the thief DOES have the key, hence why I think the car has not
> been recovered and will not be. *One colleague of mine says it's in
> Bulgaria now.

The expansion of the Schengen zone means a lot more stolen cars will
be heading to points East.
Old December 22nd 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

I better go out right now and put 'The Club' on mine then! ;-)
It still needs an oil pump and a turbo I think, so the thief would not get
too far! lol

I have heard of vehicles being found even after 2 months time and after the
insurance company has paid for them.

I have had 2 vehicles stolen from me but I finally got them back again. BTW
they were not worth getting full coverage. <g>
--
later,
dave

Old December 22nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bill[_25_]

On Dec 21, 6:46*am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> Sorry about your loss.
> Hold out a little while longer before you start selling off "parts" of the
> car.
>
> Probably when you sell your extra key, or keys since the thief should not
> have one, the car will be recovered.
>
> ebay is an option and some sell for $6 while others for up to $36. *AND post
> the numbers off the inside of the remote.
> I am looking for another switchblade, but don't really need one since I have
> two types of remotes for my A4. *<g>
> --
> later,
> dave
> (One out of many daves)
> 1997 Red A4 1.8tq auto
>
> "KLS" > wrote in message

> > My 98.5 Audi that was stolen Dec. 8 still hasn't been recovered, and
> > prospects look dim. *I've got an extra switchblade key for this car;
> > is there any market value to it? *It's not a blank.- Hide quoted text -

I lost my switchblade remote ... how can I find out what the serial
number of the remote is (without relying on the dealer ..... our
local dealer is bad news). I have a '99 A4 Quattro
Old December 29th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
eagle_ca

i have only one master key with my A6, i am looking remote key too
I was told i at least need to another key for programming the remote
key, is that true?

I once asked dealer for remote key, they wanted around $200.

i did some research in internet , i should be able to get switchblade
remote around $50
and program it .
but so far i still did not get it, i am in GTA, i dont know if your
remote i can use for my car

--
eagle_ca
eagle_ca's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=2428

Old December 29th 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:41:12 -0500, eagle_ca
> wrote:

>i have only one master key with my A6, i am looking remote key too
>I was told i at least need to another key for programming the remote
>key, is that true?

Yes.

>I once asked dealer for remote key, they wanted around $200.

They are expensive new.

>i did some research in internet , i should be able to get switchblade
>remote around $50
>and program it .
>but so far i still did not get it, i am in GTA, i dont know if your
>remote i can use for my car

What year is your car? If it's a 97-99, this remote should work for
it. The switchblade key itself probably won't fit unless by some
miracle the cut is the same on your car. I'll sell this for a lot
less than $50 if you're interested (someone else told me you can buy
the blank switchblade at the dealer and have them cut it for $40).

1999 New Beetle, Cost Effective Switchblade Keys with Remotes Randy VW water cooled 1 August 24th 06 05:34 PM
stolen car ArchTaib Dodge 4 June 12th 05 02:13 AM
Stolen car Raymond J. Henry General 0 May 4th 05 05:42 AM
VIN + cut key = stolen car ??? Conase Technology 10 January 28th 05 02:15 PM
4x4 Stolen Joe Garcia 4x4 16 January 17th 04 01:03 PM