Anyone ever recover a stolen A4?

Old December 11th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

Default Anyone ever recover a stolen A4?

To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys
that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole
my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis he
will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm
doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset
as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!
Old December 12th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
one out of many daves

Sorry for your loss KLS.

Yes there is hope. They probably only went for a test drive and when
they run out of gas they will park it somewhere.

Did you post a picture of your car everywhere close to you and explain
that it is a stolen vehicle?
Craigslist.org
here and elsewhere?

Old December 12th 07, 05:58 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Me[_10_]

"KLS" > wrote in message
> To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys
> that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole
> my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis he
> will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm
> doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset
> as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!

we just don't think that such opportunists are lingering around.....or maybe
watching our every move.

a friend had his motor cycle pinched, this was many years back, and when
eventually returned after a few weeks only, it was in better condition than
before it disappeared :-)

just recently my father had his £1500 Ifor Williams trailer taken, he only
went out for 1 hour returning to find it gone...............nobody saw
nuffink as they say in the smoke. Opportunists watching all the
time............. I say.

The big Q is will it ever be returned as the USA is much larger than the UK.

Old December 12th 07, 12:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

The county sheriff knows about it, and so does the public safety
department of my university. Craigslist is an interesting idea: I'll
check it out.

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:04:33 -0600, one out of many daves

Old December 12th 07, 01:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Dec 11, 4:31 pm, KLS > wrote:
> To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys
> that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole
> my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis he
> will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm
> doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset
> as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!

That sucks, KLS, sorry to hear that..... I would think you'd be able
to get another early '00's A4 for well under $20k, either a B5 like
your 98.5 or an early B6 (2002 or 2003).

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA
Old December 12th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
KLS

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:07:34 -0800 (PST), Dano58
> wrote:

>On Dec 11, 4:31 pm, KLS > wrote:
>> To my great chagrin, some unmentionable human being picked up the keys
>> that I apparently dropped in the parking lot of my workplace and stole
>> my wonderful 98.5 A4 2.8 last Saturday. What's the prognosis he
>> will I get this car back in decent shape, or am I doomed? If I'm
>> doomed, what do I replace it with, for under $20k? I really am upset
>> as I wasn't ready to let the car go. It had only 112,000 miles on it!

>That sucks, KLS, sorry to hear that..... I would think you'd be able
>to get another early '00's A4 for well under $20k, either a B5 like
>your 98.5 or an early B6 (2002 or 2003).

There's a green 04 A4 1.8 with Tiptronic and 41k miles at my local
shop, asking for $17,400, but I'm leaning toward a brand new Mazda3
for fuel and repair economy. Decisions!

Who should recover my car? b00mer BMW 3 November 2nd 07 10:19 PM
Bug stepside recover? Barnhart Pinball[_2_] VW air cooled 2 September 13th 06 05:24 AM
Recover Accident Rusted Jeep 7 June 28th 06 04:06 PM
Proper way to Remove and Recover a Car Headliner mike Technology 5 February 16th 06 10:47 PM
How not to recover a Jeep PeterD 4x4 4 November 14th 05 03:11 PM