Water in the car

Old October 28th 04, 02:08 PM
Braukuche

Default Water in the car

I drove my ragtop to work yesterday in a (for So Cal) horrendous rainstorm.
When I got home I discovered water, not a whole lot, maybe a cup, in the car.
Now, I would not be surprised to find it on my side since I probably tracked
some in, but there was also abot acups worthonthepassenger side, too, and there
were no passengers. I can't figure out how water got in there as hte windows
were rolled up, the doors solidly closed and the car has all new seals and no
rust holes. The car is so tight I have to crack the window open to close the
doors. So, where could water enter??
--Dan E
Old October 29th 04, 01:23 PM
Kafertoys

>The car is so tight I have to crack the window open to close the
>>doors. So, where could water enter??
>>--Dan E

Hey Dan was the pan gasket replaced the front tires will kick the water up at a
high pressure at 55mph and or make sure your drain tubes for your rag top are
clean you can pour cups of water in the groves when the roof is open you should
see water drain under the the car.

Hope this helps
Mario
Old October 29th 04, 01:56 PM
Braukuche

>Hey Dan was the pan gasket replaced the front tires will kick the water up at
>high pressure at 55mph and or make sure your drain tubes for your rag top are
>clean<

Yeah, i replaced the pan gasket, but who knows, maybe there is a little gap
somewhere allowing a bit of water to squeeze through? As for the rag drains, I
don't even recall seeing any tubes when I installed the headliner or even any
drain holes. Guess I better look a little closer.
--Dan E
Old October 29th 04, 08:17 PM
Chris Perdue

>From: braukuche

>Yeah, i replaced the pan gasket, but who knows, maybe there is a little gap
>somewhere allowing a bit of water to squeeze through? As for the rag drains,
>don't even recall seeing any tubes when I installed the headliner or even any
>drain holes. Guess I better look a little closer.
>--Dan E

Dan, also check to see that your door drain holes are clear...if they are
blocked or partially blocked they will "fill" up in heavy rain and leak into
the passenger compartment....
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old October 31st 04, 10:37 AM
Shaggie

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 03:52:47 -0500, "ThaDriver"
> wrote:

>BTW, every time I see your email address I think of "Bug in vagina". ;^D
>~ Paul

Oh jeez, now *everone* is gonna think of that when they see his
address. hahahaha! :-)

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old October 31st 04, 04:55 PM
Chris Perdue

>From: Shaggie

>Oh jeez, now *everone* is gonna think of that when they see his
>address. hahahaha! :-)

oh well....could be worse....
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004

rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 10 December 18th 04 05:15 AM
Honda Accord 2000, Has anyone had problems with water entering the car from the bottom? [email protected] Honda 1 December 12th 04 06:07 AM
Water Marks Al Corvette 6 September 21st 04 01:55 AM
Discovery water leaks kezoe 4x4 3 August 26th 04 05:22 PM