[after market] Rear seat for 3 people?

Old April 2nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Robert Hicks

Default [after market] Rear seat for 3 people?

I am just looking into Jeeps. Is there an after market rear seat that
seats 3?

Robert

Old April 2nd 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

Sort of depends on which vehicle we are talking about, doesn't it? If you
are referring to the "standard" short wheel base Wrangler or CJ, no. There
really isn't enough room back there to fit a seat, people and proper seat
belt attachments. Two people is pushing it.

Earle

ps.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Robert Hicks

Default Rear seat for 3 people?

Yes...I was talking about something in the Wrangler group. Okay that
is good to know.

Thank you very much...

Robert

Old April 2nd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

I think 3 ppl in the back would not only be uncomfortable, but would put the
1/4 ton Wrangler or CJ over it's GVRW.

Carl

oups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Robert Hicks

Well, to be specific I was only think of my kids. Not 3 adults. : )

Anyway...thanks.

Robert

Old April 2nd 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Have you considered a longer wheel based Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. That
have 3 seatbelts in the back plus cargo room.

The XJ Cherokee is easy to configure into a capable off-roader if that is
your goal.

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
TW[_3_]

New JK (Wrangler) 4 door has three seats in the back with proper seat belts
(not just a lap belt in the middle).

TW

Old April 3rd 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

It is also longer 13+ inches, wider, taller, heavier and has less cargo room
than my Grand Cherokee.

But you do get additional ground clearance...1/5 of an inch.

Old April 5th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

But the top comes off and it has a real frame..

Carl

Old April 5th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland

No.

Two barely fit back there. Stuffing three would be cruel and unusual
punishment.

"Robert Hicks" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I am just looking into Jeeps. Is there an after market rear seat that
> seats 3?
>
> Robert

Civic for tall people: pedal/seat customizations? flo money flo problems Honda 5 April 5th 07 10:14 PM
Repost - 2004 pictures: 1939 Chrysler Imperial Custom Parade 4-Door Phaeton Rear Seat & Jump Seat Raleigh Tavern Green (WPC Museum) F.jpg 222631 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 21st 07 04:23 PM
E30 rear seat removal MW de Jager BMW 5 April 24th 05 09:27 AM
Rear Seat Covers Steve Drake Alfa Romeo 3 April 18th 05 03:45 PM
Rear seat 2004 Ion john Saturn 1 December 15th 04 09:11 PM