VW City Golf or Toyota Matrix?

Old November 17th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Papa

Default VW City Golf or Toyota Matrix?

>> Calm down and enjoy life. All hostility does is shorten it and make you
>> miserable while you are here.

> You're not familiar with Mr. Hunt are you? He's just an idiot and
> deserves to be run off, and I don't say that of many people. I'd like him
> to feel as unwelcome as humanly possible. Look for his many other posts
> on rec.autos.tech and alt.autos.gm if you don't believe me.

I don't care about whatever it is that you don't like about this guy Hunt.
It just doesn't matter. Tomorrow afternoon take your girlfriend or wife out
and have a margarita. Enjoy!

Old November 17th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Brian Running[_1_]

> You're not familiar with Mr. Hunt are you? He's just an idiot and
> deserves to be run off, and I don't say that of many people. I'd like
> him to feel as unwelcome as humanly possible. Look for his many other
> posts on rec.autos.tech and alt.autos.gm if you don't believe me.

Nate, maybe you're taking this whole newsgroup thing a little too
seriously. Relax. No one deserves to be run off usenet, or made to
feel unwelcome. Made to feel ignored, sure. If he's really as bad as
you say he is, then there's nothing more that needs to be said.
Old November 17th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
dizzy

Nate Nagel wrote:

>You're not familiar with Mr. Hunt are you? He's just an idiot and
>deserves to be run off, and I don't say that of many people. I'd like
>him to feel as unwelcome as humanly possible.

You go.

Old November 19th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Nate Nagel

dizzy wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>

>>You're not familiar with Mr. Hunt are you? He's just an idiot and
>>deserves to be run off, and I don't say that of many people. I'd like
>>him to feel as unwelcome as humanly possible.

> You go.

Fine, if you'd like this NG to turn into a cesspit of bull**** and
misinformation (like he's tried to do with several others) I'll go.
You're welcome to My **** if you think he can give you better advice
about VWs than I can.

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old November 19th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
dizzy

Nate Nagel wrote:

>dizzy wrote:
>> Nate Nagel wrote:
>>
>>>You're not familiar with Mr. Hunt are you? He's just an idiot and
>>>deserves to be run off, and I don't say that of many people. I'd like
>>>him to feel as unwelcome as humanly possible.

>> You go.

>Fine, if you'd like this NG to turn into a cesspit of bull**** and
>misinformation (like he's tried to do with several others) I'll go.
>You're welcome to My **** if you think he can give you better advice
>about VWs than I can.

Umm... I meant "you go" as an endorsement of what you wrote.

Old November 27th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota

In addition to the Matrix and City Golf, a few co-workers have
suggested I look at the Honda Fit, which is their new (new to North
America, at least) 4-door hatchback. Honda's also have high
reliability records.

concluded that the Golf's more fun to drive, and the Matrix is more
reliable, but not as "refined". Where does the Fit fit in comparison?

Old November 28th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
tanukiki

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> In addition to the Matrix and City Golf, a few co-workers have
> suggested I look at the Honda Fit, which is their new (new to North
> America, at least) 4-door hatchback. Honda's also have high
> reliability records.

> concluded that the Golf's more fun to drive, and the Matrix is more
> reliable, but not as "refined". Where does the Fit fit in comparison?
>
> WT wrote:
> >
> > VW City Golf -
> > ==========
> > PROS: better warranty; disk brakes front and rear; anti-lock brakes;

torque
> > peak at low rpm; telescopic steering wheel; wipers are variable and

speed
> > sensitive; nicer styling (personal opinion);
> >

> > TOYOTA MATRIX
> > ==============
> > PROS: better fuel economy; higher HP; cargo area has flat floor; better
> > reliability history; 16V engine; more usable cargo space;
> >
> > Opinions, please!

Well having driven all 3 (well not a City Golf but a Rabbit), I think you
nailed the VW and Toyota. The Fit in my opinion falls in line with the
Matrix although from what I have seen, the Fit is still somewhat hard to
find and some dealers are jacking up prices. If you need better reliability
and mpg, go with the Honda or Toyota. If you are willing to take a
reliability risk and get a less mpg, get the VW. (FWIW, we bought a Rabbit).
JennL

Old November 28th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:01:22 -0800, walter_wpg wrote:

> In addition to the Matrix and City Golf, a few co-workers have
> suggested I look at the Honda Fit, which is their new (new to North
> America, at least) 4-door hatchback. Honda's also have high
> reliability records.

> concluded that the Golf's more fun to drive, and the Matrix is more
> reliable, but not as "refined". Where does the Fit fit in comparison?

I kind of like them, but you're only getting a 1.5 litre engine in the Fit.
I also saw a Nissan Versa today; similar vehicle, but Nissans are
hit-or-miss on Quality...

If you don't want to rip up the pavement, the Fit would be a good...fit!
They are kind of neat looking if you like small wagons. I do...