warranty/VW Customer Care

Old February 22nd 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default VW IS FRAUDING ALL OF US with CLUTCH FAILURE

> You can't be serious? While I don't dispute that it may well be a problem
> with a part or the design of the car, there's no way anyone can say with a
> straight face that ALL instanteous failures are caused by bad parts and
> not driver error.

But, he is a MECHANICAL ENGINEER. You sound intelligent and reasonable,
but my money is on the MECHANICAL ENGINEER every time. He has been
FRAUDED!!!! You have to understand, a MECHANICAL ENGINEER who has been
FRAUDED is smarter than you. Can't spell better than you, or assemble
coherent sentences, or say which university he got his degree from, or
explain how mechanical engineering is in any way relevant to the
analysis of clutch failures, or a lot of other stuff -- but, by God,
he's a MECHANICAL ENGINEER!!!!
Old March 11th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

No one can argue that VWs , are incredibly inconsistent. And they made older
cars more bulletproof. Some people get gems. Some people get lemons that VW
trys to put off as the owners fault. A lot of people think they know how to
use a clutch, but really don't. Its clear some VW parts fail due to QC
issues, And VW clearly considers clutches and any other wear item warranted
until the VW crosses the dealer sidewalk. If it was faulty or not. Plenty of
people are paying for faulty parts, because VW fights hard to not pay for
their QC issues. That's their history and track record. I believe every part
VW used during production has at least one defective parts somewhere during
the production runs. And plenty have more. My opinion is that if the clutch
pads are nor worn or burnt at all. The flywheel isn't burnt or warped from
heat. and the metal or springs,itself failed at 12,000 miles. Its defective.
Its probably bad steel, or heat treating from their supplier. If anything's
burnt or warped or blue. or the clutch pads are shot. It was the previous
owner. However if I bought a used VW with 12000 miles on it, I am
immediately suspect that its got issues , and that's why it got sold with
12000 miles on it. I wouldn't of bought it. And if I had too, I would of
got a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty, and I would of beat the crap out
of it to get the marginal parts to fail within 30 days. All used cars in
some ways are a crap shoot. I think he got burned on a used car, by the
previous owner , who almost killed the clutch, and traded it in. , or the
dealer did it, or both. Everybody can't tell if the clutch is almost gone
by driving the car. He needs to fix his clutch and get on with it. Or keep
sending complaints to VW in hopes they fix his clutch , out of the goodness
of their heart, And maybe they will try and not lose another once in a
lifetime VW owner. If you were a mechanical engineer named Ajay Patal and
used and wrote English as a second language, you'd right like this too. Also
A2s still are the best too. FYI.
. com...